Where You Sell Annuities? Office, Home Office, Client's House.

RBK19

I would like to get an opinion on places that agents sell annuities. Do you go to the person's house? Do you have an office? Do you bring client's to a home office? Want to hear the pros and cons.

Re: Where You Sell Annuities? Office, Home Office, Client's Hous

I would like to get an opinion on places that agents sell annuities. Do you go to the person's house? Do you have an office? Do you bring client's to a home office? Want to hear the pros and cons.

Its best if you bring them to a bar first and get them smashed....Only you have to time the app just right....Do it too soon and they might not be drunk enough wait too long and the signature isn't legible :)

I have meet people at their office & home mainly...I have met people at coffee shops, for some reason I don't try to close at coffee shops.

some say @ your office, makes them seem like a professional but I tell you what a kitchen table works just fine, make sure you ask for a glass of water. Clients feel comfy when you drink from their cups, their water at their house. Its funny and some may call it stupid but it works

What if you don't want to drink their water from their cups? J/K

What if you don't want to drink their water from their cups? J/K

I agree....Some of the water I've seen coming out of the tap has wanted to make me suggest they take a water sample and get it tested.

I agree....Some of the water I've seen coming out of the tap has wanted to make me suggest they take a water sample and get it tested.

Reminds me of a great-aunt. She lives out on a farm and has well water. There are a lot of dissolved solids in the water and it has a very strong taste from the iron. It is almost undrinkable, yet she doesn't even notice. In fact, she thinks the water at her sister's in the city tastes funny.

If it is all you drink, you get use to it.

It depends on how far away they are from my office.

If they are in reasonable driving distance of my office (15-20min) then I encourage them to meet at my office. If not on the introduction meeting, on the proposal meeting.

If they are over 20 minutes away then I go to them. A prospect can sign on top of a kitchen table just as easily as they can on a conference room table.

But to me its not the professionalism aspect of meeting in the office as much as a matter of getting them to fully focus on the matter at hand.
At their house, there is always something to do, or to think about, or the phone is ringing, etc.. At your office, all they have to think about is whats in front of them.

Its the same concept of working from your home as opposed to a real office.
Some agents do fine out of their home, but I for one do not. There is constantly something that needs to be done between regular chores and remodel projects. I was just never able to fully focus on work while at my home office.
That is why I have a remote office.

Prospects can be the same way.
I have found that they are much more attentive and focused when in the office.
I also find that per presented proposal, I close twice as many when they are presented in the office as opposed to at a kitchen table..... just my personal stats..

Last edited:

I also find that per presented proposal, I close twice as many when they are presented in the office as opposed to at a kitchen table..... just my personal stats..

That might also be because someone has to be a little more serious to take the time to get ready and go to someone's office.

That might also be because someone has to be a little more serious to take the time to get ready and go to someone's office.

It might also because he takes it more serious, knowing his records indicate he closes more business that way.

Back