Here Comes the Competition

foxmarble

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Arizona
I thought I would post an interesting email I just received:

Hi Lynn, My name is Betsy and I am a recruiter. My team has a client that is looking for licensed Life & Health insurance agents for a new facility they are opening in the Phoenix area. Apologies in advance if you've already talked to one of my teammates. If so just let me know.

The position we are staffing for pays $17/hour plus potential pay for performance bonus. We are also looking for bilingual English/Spanish candidates, who get paid $20.40/hour.

This is a "direct hire" with our client who is owned by OptumHealth, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group (Ayava Staffing is just the staffing agency helping them find candidates). The Licensed Health Agent will be responsible for educating, qualifying and enrolling customers into an appropriate Healthcare Plan and/or Prescription Drug Plan that meets the customer's healthcare needs. There is 4-6 weeks of paid training included, and you must have flexibility in your work schedule.

If you have your current Health, Health & Life/Accident home state license for AZ, we would love to talk to you, provide you with more details, and schedule you for an interview. Our client is also hosting an on-site career fair tomorrow, Friday, August 2nd, and Monday August 5th.

Even if you don't have a license, or your license is expired, they have a College of Insurance program that you can apply for. We can schedule you for an interview with this as well.

REFERRALS: If this job isn't a fit for you, but might be for someone you know, we are also paying up to a $200 referral bonus (see below my signature for details), so please forward this on to people you know.

If you are interested in getting more details on the job or the career fair, please let me know. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Betsy
Senior Recruiter
Ayava Staffing Professionals

Pretty sure this is for Medicare, not under 65 medical as UHC is not participating in the FFE in Arizona. There are lots of changes to the AZ ICA management and the MAPD plan for 2014.UHC appears to be looking for a less expensive way to enroll MAPD/ PDP members starting this AEP.

You could be right or it could be that they UHC know something that we don't because AZ is giving big tax credits for call centers so it would not surprise me if it is a national call center for HCR enrollments in the states that they are going to play in. What surprised me was the hourly rate...must have a lot of production to promise that kind of pay?

The Licensed Health Agent will be responsible for educating, qualifying and enrolling customers into an appropriate Healthcare Plan and/or Prescription Drug Plan that meets the customer's healthcare needs.

This statement right here has "medicare" written all over it. Sounds like a graveyard for unsuccessful agents. $17/hr or 34k a year would only be attractive to failed agents who can't make it on their own.

I agree with that. Anyone who gets in this business and is ok with that money will not last long.

Back