Retirement Plan Options - Arizona/Maricopa County

acagh

I have a question. It's probably not appropriate for this forum, but I'm hoping someone with more knowledge can guide me in the appropriate direction. I am writing this on behalf of my parents. Both are retired, though they are not old enough to collect medicare. They live in Maricopa county. The cheapest plan they are able to find on the market costs $35000 per year; they are not eligible for subsidies as their pensions and other forms of retirement income (and some income for consulting work) exceed the maximum income for subsidies (which realistically, really isn't all that high). What options do they have? Are there any? The policy is absurdly expensive and not very good -- in fact, it's quite poor. It's really quite frustrating. I assume they're not the only ones in this boat, so I thought I'd look around for any advice that may be out there. It just doesn't seem sustainable to pay such rates over an extended period of time.

ACAGH: You should contact YAgents on this forum, he is in AZ and is a licensed expert, the best on the forum.

I have a question. It's probably not appropriate for this forum, but I'm hoping someone with more knowledge can guide me in the appropriate direction. I am writing this on behalf of my parents. Both are retired, though they are not old enough to collect medicare. They live in Maricopa county. The cheapest plan they are able to find on the market costs $35000 per year; they are not eligible for subsidies as their pensions and other forms of retirement income (and some income for consulting work) exceed the maximum income for subsidies (which realistically, really isn't all that high). What options do they have? Are there any? The policy is absurdly expensive and not very good -- in fact, it's quite poor. It's really quite frustrating. I assume they're not the only ones in this boat, so I thought I'd look around for any advice that may be out there. It just doesn't seem sustainable to pay such rates over an extended period of time.

I can assist you. In Maricopa county at 928 252 2493. There are some other cheaper options depending on situation.

Back