American National - Any Thoughts?

kellyfrost

Expert
Seriously considering a home and auto policy through American National. Anyone have any experience with them? As an agent or insured? Any claims experience? Do you recommend them? Like or dislike?

Seem to have great coverage, good rates, and reputation, but not many people even have heard of them.

my father was a 30 year MGA for ANICO as "we" call it. we write life lines so the property and casualty side of things i cannot speak for. i'd rather not get into details.

Oh, ok. Glad to know it wasn't PC related as I am purchasing auto and homeowners.

my father was a 30 year MGA for ANICO as "we" call it. we write life lines so the property and casualty side of things i cannot speak for. i'd rather not get into details.

You "cannot speak for" it, but you are going to denigrate them anyway?

The burden of proof is on you, otherwise you are demonstrating no credibility on this topic.

You "cannot speak for" it, but you are going to denigrate them anyway?

The burden of proof is on you, otherwise you are demonstrating no credibility on this topic.

this is a consumer and they asked for thoughts, which i gave. although my time is more valuable than speaking about such topics, if you would like to speak privately (broker to broker) i'd be more than happy to disclose my state of affairs with this POS insurance company.

Back