Car Accident

777heaven

My fiancdrove my car to town yesterday, he had no licience and I have no insurance because they found out I didn't have a licience and cancelled the insurance I paid for. He crashed the car into the guard railing. He was sent to the hospital and the cops left the scene, he was treated and discharged from the hospital. He is on probation but the police didn't mention anything and I have not gotten any phone call. My car is impounded and I'm not sure what it is I should do
No other cars involved, No one was hurt and yes consent was given to him to take the car, he was on his way to the emergency room, no excuse for the choices but it was in fact an emergency. The police left the scene and gave no information to him or me. No ticket, court date, or suspicion of DUI, I had to call all the car impound places in my city before I knew where it was... I am the primary owner of the car but his name is also placed on registration paper from DMV.. Does that mean (by his name being on registration) that he is second owner of car or can legally drive it? The car had only been driven once before the accident . We bought the car because of the good deal at the time and I needed a car to practice driving in with my permit, that was the main purpose of car..
He doesn't have licience because of identity theft and Minnesota has a hold on him because of someone else, we are in the process off clearing it up....if he is on probation wouldn't the police have said something or taken more action - edit

No insurance and no licensed drivers....I would ask some questions such as what is required to claim the car before you head down there.

he had no licience and I have no insurance because they found out I didn't have a licience and cancelled the insurance I paid for.

Does that mean (by his name being on registration) that he is second owner of car or can legally drive it?

No license, no insurance. Do you think either one of you can legally drive it?

Spoiler: It is illegal to drive without a license, and in most states, it is also illegal to drive without insurance. Ownership is irrelevant. You are probably going to have to hire a tow truck.

Advice: If you have no license and no insurance, take the bus.

If you had no license or insurance, how did you get plates for the car? I'm not sure about the state you are in, but it's impossible to get plates and when it gets canceled the dmv gets notified and you have to return the plates or you will be fined/suspended.

Anyways, I'm sure you need to bring your registration and id to retrieve the car, but there's no way you can drive the car without the insurance / license.

I also do not think you can get insurance with just a permit alone. Someone else had to be a "primary" on the insurance.

The city might send you a bill for the guard rail, the police showing up, etc....

Like other suggest, you might just get a tow truck and have it towed back or just give up the car if its a cheap beat up car....

Latest posts

Back