Commission Rate Question

kingzcourt

This will be my first entry level job in car insurance and this company wants to hire me but their pay structure is this.....
On a sliding scale? 30% of broker fee and 15% of company commissions?
I've never been paid by commission before. They say this rate is only after $4,000 in polices in two weeks.
What exactly does this mean? Is this any good?

This will be my first entry level job in car insurance and this company wants to hire me but their pay structure is this.....
On a sliding scale? 30% of broker fee and 15% of company commissions?
I've never been paid by commission before. They say this rate is only after $4,000 in polices in two weeks.
What exactly does this mean? Is this any good?

Is there a base salary to go with the commission that would explain why you only get commissions after selling x in policies.

Is there a base salary to go with the commission that would explain why you only get commissions after selling x in policies.
Hey, Sorry Norway.
I got caught up in some other things after my post, then had problems with logging in. Anyway, sorry for the very late reply.
To answer your question, No there is only commission, and if you do NOT meet the required weekly 4k you (meaning me) would be paid at a rate for that week of $8.00/hr.

Hey, Sorry Norway.
I got caught up in some other things after my post, then had problems with logging in. Anyway, sorry for the very late reply.
To answer your question, No there is only commission, and if you do NOT meet the required weekly 4k you (meaning me) would be paid at a rate for that week of $8.00/hr.

First I do not sell P&C but I would ask around and see how reasonable 16k of annual premium is per month. If I read your posts right you do NOT get paid commission on the first 16k of monthly premium though they break it out by the week so they pay 75 cents above minimum wage and have someone sell and service for just over minimum wage considering I believe 10% commission is not outrageous they want you to earn them 1600 per month before they start paying you more than $320 per week assuming FICA its pretty much a wash on that first 16k.

Back