Help Creating Commission Structure

2festive

I want to join an Independent Agency. I need base and commission. The owner wants there to be less base and more commission after 6 months. Does anyone know where I can get some examples that might work for me. I need to bring home 3K a month for the next 6 months to a year and then more. Can anyone help me work this out to show what base and what % commission I would need to get to my monthly amount needed?

I know some State Farm agents pay 2K base and when your commission starts being more than the base the base is eliminated. I have no idea what the commission is though so I don't know how to work out a plan like this.

Thank you!

I want to join an Independent Agency. I need base and commission. The owner wants there to be less base and more commission after 6 months. Does anyone know where I can get some examples that might work for me. I need to bring home 3K a month for the next 6 months to a year and then more. Can anyone help me work this out to show what base and what % commission I would need to get to my monthly amount needed?

I know some State Farm agents pay 2K base and when your commission starts being more than the base the base is eliminated. I have no idea what the commission is though so I don't know how to work out a plan like this.

Thank you!

What company is this for? It's all going to depend on that. I could help you if it's with SF because I know how much the agent gets paid and I could help you try to negotiate a good commission schedule. The good ones go by a %of premium not app count. FYI taking home $3,000/month will be a lot of hours and work depending on what state you are in.

Back