Help Please!

j41nyc59

Expert
I just got my NYS A/H License. I am working for an agency. I am looking to get E&O insurance. Can anyone please tell me how to go about getting independent E&O Insurance?

Thanks scagnt83, I will look into that!

E&O for Less states, avalible in all states except NY

Last edited:
Im guessing your in NY?

Try these:

https://www.thechittendens.com/Content/ContentDisplay.aspx?ContentID=58

Insurance Programs | Member Benefits | NAIFA

The threads in the e&o section should have some info about companies other than e&o for less.

The first link above is underwriten by Everest, it has the most comprehensive coverage.
The second is Calsurance which is well known and promoted by many carriers and IMOs.

Also, check the websites of carriers your appointed with. They often have discount agreements for E&O insurance for their contracted agents. (but calsurance is about the same as E&O for less, so they are the two most affordable from my experience)

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help. I will look into it..

No problem.

I just noticed your username, of course your in NY! lol. I didnt realize that E&O for less didnt do business in NY.

NY has some funky insurance regs. You often will see NY issue policies with different specs than others. Some carriers have separate NY based subsidiaries just to handle all of the NY business.
They are also the only state with a required comp disclosure form.

E&O for Less is underwritten by Marsh. Idk if thats a Marsh rule or an E&O for Less rule.

Im sure one of the two links I gave you will issue in NY.

Latest posts

Back