Learning P&C for Test in Florida. I'm Stumped on Commercial Property.

ggbh

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Ok. I understand that this is a 200 hour course. Please, someone just guide me, not chime on why I should have taken a class. I'm just stumped with 2 questions.

I did try to do research on youtube and the web. Nothing amounted to much for me on these questions.

As a backdrop... I've surpassed the PAP, HO, Dwelling, Crime, WC, Commercial Auto, In-land Marine, etc. I'm done with those.

But, I keep having to go BACK to a section in "Other Lines of Coverage." It is driving me nuts. I can't get this in my head.

This section has the following:
Commercial Auto
Commercial Property
General Liability
Commercial Package Policies (CPP)

My concern is the Commercial Auto thru the CPP.

1) According to my book, a CPP lists the above, plus more - BUT NOT commercial auto? Why is that? Does that have to be written separate from a CPP? Seems strange. (I figure this one to be an easy question...just thought I'd ask it).

Now, the question that just slays me:

2) In a commercial property contract, there are the following:

a) Declarations
b) Common policy conditions
c) Commercial property conditions
d) Coverage Form
e) Cause of Loss Form.

I'm confused on B & C. What is the difference? The book states that the 2 condition forms include (provides a list)...and basically says BOTH are the SAME! What is the point? I've tried to look these 2 up - even to simple definition, and I get nothing to do comparison work.

"Common policy conditions" is also known as "Commercial Policy Conditions."

But, I can't find anything on "Commercial Property Conditions"

Now, here is the REAL Kicker for me:

The "Coverage Form" is one of 8 Forms that list what "property" is covered, excluded, etc. And, IT ADDS "Conditions."

(1) This Commercial Property Condition just sticks out like our appendix. It is there, just not necessary.
(2) Now, are there essentially 3 types of 'Conditions in a Commercial Property Contract?

Thank you for helping me....I look forward to a response.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Never mind....I got the answer. Someone - not online - was nice enough to explain. (THANKS GOES TO MY NEIGHBOR!). ;)

There is a huge difference between 'common policy conditions' and 'commercial property conditions.' He also explained the conditions in the forms.

It is a shame that they want people to learn this, with no explanation in the book at all.

Last edited:
Back