Need Prescription, Dental and Eye Care Medicare Supplements

cool09

I'm on SSDI and have Medicare A & B and AETNA Medicare Supplemental Insurance. My AETNA policy covers meds, dental and eye care but this policy will not be offered to me in 2015. I need med, dental, eye care coverage. I can't find any 2015 Supplemental Insurance that will cover all three. Will I have to purchase these coverages separately from a Provider(s)? (Medicare does not have an email contact address for questions.)

Medicare Supplements don't typically have dental/vision coverage...sometimes you can get a discount through a provider's network which I believe is what you get with Aetna's Med Sup. If you want full dental/vision benefits then you will have to get that separate (often you can get a policy that combines the two). How is it that you are losing your policy? I'm not aware of them pulling out of any markets.

What's your age?

AETNA sent me a notice saying that my Medicare Supplemental Plan (HMO) will not be offered in 2015. I am 50 and on SSDI (Cecil Co, MD) and have had this policy for 5 yrs or so. It has prescription, dental and eye care included with premium of $75/mth. They sent me a list of available Medicare health organizations in MD and so far I have not found any policies that are comprehensive like my AETNA policy. I have not found any that cover dental or eye care. Guess I'll have to purchase separate policies for meds, eye and dental. Thanks for info.

Last edited:
Back