New Agent! Needing a Little Guidance.

Jvick5

Expert
Florida
Hey Ladies and Gents, I'm looking for some guidance. I'm a new agent in the state of Florida doing mostly Med supps and Life. Just looking for good and reliable lead sources? Any help i would greatly appreciate it. Thank You!

link up with p&c agents in your area or network. The closing ratio will be a lot higher. Good Luck.

In all honesty, I find buying leads just horrible. I've done this for my husband. Currently, even with one company - we only got 2 leads, and they are still holding 200.00. I'm about to call and drop them, to see if I can get our money back.

What i can tell you, is that you HAVE TO NETWORK! It is your life-line. This is the ONLY thing that has helped my husband.

Go golfing with business cards, go to nice restaurants where the same people show up all the time - at least once per week. Go to church, etc.

Join an organization. That is a huge thing.

Finally, you may want to consider what we are doing. Get a P&C license as well. So far, just from his connections alone...we've recieved more calls on P&C with them thinking I already had my license. They are simply waiting until I pass this test.

Good luck. ;)

P&C is conducting the selling of insurance, but it is for auto, homeowners, business (property & casualty). I kinda compare your line of insurance and my line as:

A Bohemian student (English Major) crossing a university campus to meet with Scientific students (Biology Major). They are both students at the same university, but on complete different lines of thoughts, studies and more.

When my husband first started out in the health line of insurance, I went out and made contact with just what the person above said, "link up with p&c people."

So, along with what I suggested, that too is a great idea. Really don't use leads with the hope to build your business. You really have to network. Linking with P&C agents are part of networking.

I will be honest. I'd rather pay 200.00 per month on business insurance with another agency (than leads)...just to get business for life, health and annuities. I'll make that 200.00 and plus.

Here is an idea: I don't know what agency you use for your car insurance, but change it to someone else who has an agency. Go meet with that person (try to get the owner), and let him know you are bringing him your business in hopes that if he has a customer who needs life insurance - he send them your way. Then buy car insurance from him! We did just that, and got 4 accounts.

My neighbor at home, is P&C. Of course I linked up with him as well.

As for p&c, you can take the online course for 400.00. You have 6 months to complete, and then the state exam.

I'm trying to finish it up in 1 month, and already I'm meeting to negotiate a way to get carriers.

If I can do this, than so can you. ;)

Back