Please Help Me Sanity Check this Quote

probiotic

Hi all

About to sign up for term life, was hoping to run the specifics by the community to see if everything sounds good/if I've missed anything.

Currently 25yo, plan is term to 80yo (so a 55y plan) with increasing premiums. Classification is "premier non-tobacco premium", which I am told is the highest grade possible. Contract value is USD 650k, with "scheduled" premiums starting at $365 annually, climbing to $500 in 15 years and about $2000 in 30 years from now. However, the "maximum" premium eventually gets to 4x to 6x of the "scheduled". There is also the option to convert the policy to whole life (as a savings vehicle) anytime from inception to 35 years from now i.e. when I am 60yo.

A few questions I was hoping to get help with:
- If my main aim is to provide for my children in case I die while they are still dependents (so I pretty much need a 30y plan), is this the best setup for me? I inquired into a 30y plan and was told the premiums on those would be bigger than on the 55y, and that I could essentially start out with the 55y and stop paying after 30 years if I so chose, which would be a better deal than doing just the 30y plan.
- Do the premiums sound reasonable? How much do I have to worry about the company increasing the premiums on me? I know reality can often deviate sharply from "schedules".
- Any other things you think would be good for me to consider? Happy to provide more info if helpful.

Thanks all, would appreciate any help.

Currently 25yo, plan is term to 80yo (so a 55y plan) with increasing premiums. Classification is "premier non-tobacco premium", which I am told is the highest grade possible. Contract value is USD 650k, with "scheduled" premiums starting at $365 annually, climbing to $500 in 15 years and about $2000 in 30 years from now.

does not sound like you are looking at a true 30 year term with a 30 year rate lock.....I am coming up with 650k ..$401.50 rate locked for 30 years.....

Last edited:
does not sound like you are looking at a true 30 year term with a 30 year rate lock.....I am coming up with 650k ..$401.50 rate locked for 30 years.....

Thanks for the reply, it is a 55 year term with no rate lock, so premiums can and will increase over the life of the contract, supposedly at the "scheduled" rate but could really be anywhere up to the maximum rate (about 5x the scheduled rate). From what you said, I am guessing that is not good...?

Thanks for the reply, it is a 55 year term with no rate lock, so premiums can and will increase over the life of the contract, supposedly at the "scheduled" rate but could really be anywhere up to the maximum rate (about 5x the scheduled rate). From what you said, I am guessing that is not good...?

If that is what you are looking for I would explore a Guaranteed UL....$1,814.48 locked until age 90.......

If that is what you are looking for I would explore a Guaranteed UL....$1,814.48 locked until age 90.......

To be quite honest, I am not sure what I am looking for/what would be best for me. I mainly want to ensure my kids are taken care of if I die before they are independent. This plan was just recommended to me as sort of the default term life option...that's why one of my questions was, do you guys think this is the best setup for me?

Back