Question Regarding Compensation

jwilkey

I have been a producer in Colorado with Allstate for a little over a year now. I have yet to get a direct answer from my agent concerning where I stand as a producer... In my first year I produced 115k in premiums and have the 2nd highest closing ratio in the region. ( this is without leads or "marketing" other than what everyone see's on t.v., doing 50% of the service work and being in a small office) This does not even count the 50k in premium from chargebacks and Allstates Nazi underwriters cancelling every third policy!! Oh... and not too mention. Within my first month in the industry, I was left to run the office alone for two months!

Point being- I only made 32k with salary and commissions last year, with ZERO BENEFITS. I feel like I am being taken advantage of. I know of a producer who did half my production and cleared 15k more than I did last year. Am I being taken advantage of, or is a producer just a really shitty job? My first day in training the trainer went around the room and asked what peoples background was. One came from Walmart as a cashier, another sold cell phones, another magazines.( All of them a little on the "trashy" side) I realized then that I may be over qualified for this position, but held onto the thought of making good money and starting my own agency.

Last edited:
You may not be being taken advantage of but if you are looking to start your own agency it maybe time. You will certainly get higher payouts on that production but at Allstate you are just closing. Closing is important but only a small part of generating production, do you have a plan for new leads? The payout is low at Allstate but once you leave that nice cozy office with people walking in willing to severely overpay....it may be raining outside when you leave.

Back