Tricare/VA Mental Health Options

Scuba_Steve

Hello Everyone,

I am a 100% VA rated disabled veteran, and also was medically retired from the Army. This means I was eligible to keep my Tricare Prime benefits as well as VA health care.

I have a pretty long list of mental health issues now, and have not sought care for a few months now. My conditions are deteriorating as a result.

I am on a limited income, and require 4-8 visits a month to psychology and psychiatry. As of now, Tricare alone charges a $40 deductable per visit. I can get free care through the VA, but I can never get in and am forced to go to the VA providers that are very subpar, and frankly cause more stress than help.

I also have Medicare part A.

Can anyone suggest any options to get my mental health care for free?

Thanks in advance.

Your only hope would be your local government system. Then again, your income may be too much since you're on 100% disability. The other killer may be that you have Tricare.

I'm really thinking your best bet is to try someone else at the VA instead of the the one you've seen in the past. Discuss this with the head of the mental department there and see if they can help you with that.

Back