Two Deductibles for Same Event?

rocks911

Im a homeowner in the Dallas area and we were recently hit with a hail storm. My truck was sitting outside unfortunately and it got hit along with my home. My vehicle and home coverage are both with Liberty Mutual

An adjuster came separately, one for the truck first, then one for the home. I was assessed a $500 deductible for the truck. Then a week later an adjuster came to look at my home. They are replacing the roof and guttering minus a $3500 deductible.

The curious thing is that the home adjuster told me that I should be able to get my vehicle deductible back (I found it interesting that she said "should be able") because it was the same event. I called my agent (who really only sells, he doesnt exactly provide service.) and he transferred me to, well, who knows. I left a message and that person got back to me telling me that what the home adjuster told me was wrong. I asked "well she works for Liberty Mutual, how is it you are not both on the same page?" she had no explanation but concluded by telling me that I had nothing coming back.

I looked at my 67 page agreement but cant make head or tails of it.

Fairly typical for insurance. In Texas is it true that both deductibles apply for the same event?

Any help would be appreciated.

Fairly typical for insurance. In Texas is it true that both deductibles apply for the same event?

Any help would be appreciated.

they are two separate policy's.........now if you can move the claim for the truck under home owners policy you might have a shot.......if it was parked in the driveway......just like getting new patio furniture that is trashed by hail.........

they are two separate policy's.........now if you can move the claim for the truck under home owners policy you might have a shot.......if it was parked in the driveway......just like getting new patio furniture that is trashed by hail.........

There are two chances of getting the HO to cover the truck - zero and none.

Even the best HO-3 with all the trimmings specifically excludes automobiles and other motorized vehicles in this instance.

Back