Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Auto Insurance Forum

Reply to 30 Year Old, CA, Looking for Cheap Liability Insurance.     
Old 01-09-2017, 05:42 PM   #1

State: Denroj is an Insurance Agent from
30 Year Old, CA, Looking for Cheap Liability Insurance. 30 Year Old, CA, Looking for Cheap Liability Insurance.
I'm 30, no accidents or anything else on driving record, living in Palmdale, CA with a 1998 Buick Regal GS (supercharged). I've been quoted around $47 for basic liability at Geico and a couple of other places. I got my license at 18 years of age, but I've been driving on and off, so for about half that time I had a car and rarely had insurance. My credit isn't stellar, but I've read CA has banned the inclusion of credit scores/history to determine rates.

zip code is 93552

I'm a male.

So I thought the $47 a month was a bit high because I've heard of people getting $15-20 insurance. is there anyone that can chime in?

Edit: I'm probably going to put around 5-10k miles a year on it.

----------

Can someone at least point me to a good car insurance agent on this forum that transacts insurance in CA and has appointments with some of the cheaper/cheapest carriers?
------------------------------------

Last edited by Denroj; 01-09-2017 at 04:59 PM.
  Reply With Quote to 30 Year Old, CA, Looking for Cheap Liability Insurance.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:03 PM   #2
Super Genius

State: MGBAgency is an Insurance Agent from
30 Year Old, CA, Looking for Cheap Liability Insurance. Re: 30 Year Old, CA, Looking for Cheap Liability Insurance.
Originally Posted by Denroj View Post
I'm 30, no accidents or anything else on driving record, living in Palmdale, CA with a 1998 Buick Regal GS (supercharged). I've been quoted around $47 for basic liability at Geico and a couple of other places. I got my license at 18 years of age, but I've been driving on and off, so for about half that time I had a car and rarely had insurance. My credit isn't stellar, but I've read CA has banned the inclusion of credit scores/history to determine rates.

zip code is 93552

I'm a male.

So I thought the $47 a month was a bit high because I've heard of people getting $15-20 insurance. is there anyone that can chime in?

Edit: I'm probably going to put around 5-10k miles a year on it.

----------

Can someone at least point me to a good car insurance agent on this forum that transacts insurance in CA and has appointments with some of the cheaper/cheapest carriers?
Credit Score verification was gone a long time ago. You get what you pay for be careful.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:17 PM   #3
Super Genius

State: KenP is an Insurance Agent from Florida
30 Year Old, CA, Looking for Cheap Liability Insurance. Re: 30 Year Old, CA, Looking for Cheap Liability Insurance.
The same profile you just told me would probably run you 2-3 times that here in Florida. Crazy to see the differences between states.

Important question here: When you say you've heard of people getting it for 15-20, who were the people? Auto insurance is highly individualized so you can't compare yourself even to your neighbor who drives the exact same car.

Other factors come into play that you might not think of, like how long you've been with your current insurance company and what current liability limits you have. If you've always defaulted on just getting the cheapest possible insurance and switched companies every year, then you won't have that positive rating factor working in your favor as you get quoted. If you don't have insurance at all right now, coming into the quoting stage with no coverage (even if it's just because you haven't had a vehicle) will usually negatively impact your rating.

The best thing you can do is basically what you did: Using only you as the thing to judge against, quote around to multiple carriers. Sounds like they were all in the same ballpark so you know what your rates will generally be. Wouldn't expect to find them much less anywhere

Last edited by KenP; 01-09-2017 at 07:17 PM. Reason: further info
Old 01-09-2017, 07:27 PM   #4
Guru
GreenSky on 30 Year Old, CA, Looking for Cheap Liability Insurance.

State: GreenSky is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
GreenSky is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Lowest rates I found are online at Welcome to Wawanesa Insurance - Wawanesa USA - California.

Rick
Old 01-09-2017, 09:19 PM   #5
Super Genius

State: rcduggan is an Insurance Agent from California
Originally Posted by GreenSky View Post
Lowest rates I found are online at Welcome to Wawanesa Insurance - Wawanesa USA - California.

Rick
this site is painfully slow...... i would have liked to check them out but this doesn't seem possible
Old 01-09-2017, 11:51 PM   #6

State: Denroj is an Insurance Agent from
30 Year Old, CA, Looking for Cheap Liability Insurance. Re: 30 Year Old, CA, Looking for Cheap Liability Insurance. Denroj is the thread starter for: 30 Year Old, CA, Looking for Cheap Liability Insurance.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Got a pretty good quote from Wawanesa insurance, so credit to Rick for that.

Last edited by Denroj; 01-09-2017 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:37 AM   #7
Super Genius

State: ginniferhadley is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
If you have a good driving record, you may get a discount on your insurance premium. Have you asked your agent about it?

Shawn Camp Insurance Agency, Inc.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:06 AM   #8
Guru
goillini52 on 30 Year Old, CA, Looking for Cheap Liability Insurance.

State: goillini52 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
goillini52 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by Denroj View Post
ICan someone at least point me to a good car insurance agent on this forum that transacts insurance in CA and has appointments with some of the cheaper/cheapest carriers?

Insurance Forums - View Profile: ginniferhadley

"Timid Salesmen Have Skinny Kids." ~ Judge Ziglar
Reply to 30 Year Old, CA, Looking for Cheap Liability Insurance. 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Auto Insurance Forum