5 Trucks Two Drives 3of 4 Rarely Driven

kdw

I own 5 different trucks/suv's. My wife drives the newest and most expensive one and we both drive the other 4 occasionally. One truck is used for towing horse trailor, bronco for beach use/hunting, one with dump bed, crewcab and jeep daily drivers. I only drive about 30 miles a week my wife 50. Theres got to be a better way then insuring all these individualy since it really hard to drive more then 1 at a time and its dam exspensive. Have full coverage on 1, lia on other 4. Exc credit, no accidents or tickets. Is there an easy way to slash my insurance costs since I am now on fixed income. Thanks

I don't if you done that already; but you could lower the mileage to the absolute minimum on the hardly used ones; talk to your insurance carrier or your agent, it will help if they assign vehicle to driver; as this leave the unassigned vehicles with lower premium

I own 5 different trucks/suv's. My wife drives the newest and most expensive one and we both drive the other 4 occasionally. One truck is used for towing horse trailor, bronco for beach use/hunting, one with dump bed, crewcab and jeep daily drivers. I only drive about 30 miles a week my wife 50. Theres got to be a better way then insuring all these individualy since it really hard to drive more then 1 at a time and its dam exspensive. Have full coverage on 1, lia on other 4. Exc credit, no accidents or tickets. Is there an easy way to slash my insurance costs since I am now on fixed income. Thanks

What state are you in?

I would have suggested a broad form named driver's policy for the four vehicles with just liability. but in your case that wouldn't work because your wife drives those vehicles also.

those policies only cover one driver. so both you and your wife would need one.

that plus the regular auto policy you have for the newer vehicle would make three separate policies. don't think that would be worth it (plus, there are gaps to be aware of, such as not allowing anyone else to drive those vehicles).

Also, I'm assuming you are NOT using those trucks for commercial use.

Best thing I tell you is to shop around.... some companies are more generous with the multi-vehicle discount than others.

Back