AAA Requesting Vehicle Registration?

robb01

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm not a huge fan of AAA, but today they made a request that I hadn't heard before. We have a single guy who owns 3 vehicles, and they need to make sure there aren't any additional drivers on his policy, he stated that he lives alone and there are not. So AAA is requesting the vehicle registration on all his vehicles, I guess to prove that he is the owner of all 3. Anyone ever see this before?

never seen it, but kinda makes some sense, why would 1 person have 3 cars, 2 is understanable, but 3 is unusual.

in reality thou, if all 3 are titled in his name, then it still proves nothing.

Why is this a strange request? Few carriers actually enforce this, but in many underwriting guidelines it will tell you that you should see the registration or bill of sale to insure the car.

Odds are, the CLUE report showed some other drivers and some activity. They just want to make sure they are not getting setup for a permissive user driver claim.

I've only ever been asked once about registration. It was post-claim and caused by a vin number descrepancy. (S instead of 5 or something like that). Wasn't a big deal. No, I hadn't looked at the actual registration, I took the customers word for it.

Dan

I have seen underwriters request additional documentation on odd situations. I had one of our companies want to know how a 40 year old male that was unemployed was driving an CLS550 and Maserati. We just submitted something in writing that said he just sold a multi million dollar company.

Was this request after the policy was issued. Usually they want reg when u do a new policy? Was it mid term or at renewal?

Here in CA it's common for people to have extra cars. My sales manager (who is single) has 5.

Was this request after the policy was issued. Usually they want reg when u do a new policy? Was it mid term or at renewal?

They set it up for non-renewal unless this information was provided.

Back