Amica Does Not Have 2015 & 2016 Reg Cab F150s In Their Data Base

WRR

I purchased new truck about six weeks ago, and when I called in to Amica to add it to my policy, giving them my VIN..........first said their system didn't recognize such a VIN. After a lengthy wait, things appeared to be OK.

A couple of days later I noticed they had the truck listed on my policy as a "SuperCab", and not as a Regular Cab. Called them again, this time was told the only choices from their drop down menu for the F150, was SuperCab or CrewCab, and they would look into the problem.

On 12-29, when online to print an insurance card for another of my vehicles, I noticed the F150 was cancelled from my policy!!
I called them AGAIN, and was told, they were still having a problem with the 2016 and 2017 F150s, that they would escalate, the problem.....but said that I was covered in the meantime.

Am I the only person in America trying to insure a regular cab F150 with AMICA?

I'm not all that familiar with Amica and their policies, but that's the difference between companies that go through agents and those that don't. if they give you too much grief, shop around with companies that use agents.

I've had this problem come up several times with my policyholders, where a carrier didn't have a newer vin# in their system.

I never recall it taking any longer than a 5 minute phone call to an underwriter to fix the problem.

Back