Any Other Classic Car Insurers Other Than Hagertys?

I have a friend, also an insured, that has a 1969 SS Hardtop Coupe with 30,000 miles on it, original owner more or less as his dad gave it to him as a wedding present. He recently submitted an application with Hagertys for an Agreed Upon Value of 40K. He was denied because of a seatbelt violation 2 years 9 months ago (regular auto) and a 53/45 speeding ticket 4 months ago, in one of his regular autos.

They denied the application saying he's too high of a risk for those reasons (yet he just had a significant rate decrease at his renewal next week)

My question is if there is ANY OTHER companies that would insure a collector's item for Agreed Value that doesn't have such strict UW guidelines? I can broker Hagerty and had no idea 7 over the speed limit was such a high risk ot is uninsurable until today.

Thanks

American Modern will write two violations in the last three years at least here in Tennessee. Their rates are also much better than Hagerty. Infinity (classic collectors) will look at violations on a case by case basis.

I can't remember the company with Foremost, but they are phone quotes only and paper apps, but rates are insanely low here. I still prefer Hagerty because I love classic cars and they support the classic car community.

Back