Anyone here with Farmers?

Wow! This is what I have been looking for. I was recently approved by Farmers and am wanting to know more about what really goes on and why they are so willing it seems to start agents. I wanted to know about Farmers as a company.

Thank you everyone for your posts!

Shani
Lansing, MI area

Any of you Farmers Agents use Field Data?

I do, but I'm thinking of getting rid of it. Does anybody have any opinions on Field Data. Seems pretty useless, since the Dashboard is what we end up having to use. And for $37/mo. , I know it's not a lot of money, but $37 here and there adds up quick.

Any Farmers Agents have an opinion about Field Data they would like to share?

I have never heard of Field Data. I really don't mind using the Dashboard. I know they are constantly working out different bugs, but I enjoy all of the resources it provides us with. (Marketing campaings, B.O.B., quoting, etc.)

Is Field Data some kind of agency development software?

Field Data is an off-line rating system, with a CRM system built into it too. It's a neat piece of software, since you can give pretty accurate quotes even when you do not have access to the internet. And it has B-day triggers, and other customer retention triggers too.

I'm surprised your DM never told you about it. It's good for Agents who are starting out, but really, it's a bit cumbersome, since you enter all of a clients info into Field Data, then you have to re-enter all of the info into the Dashboard, so you have to enter in everything twice, but it is nice to have that off-line quoting feature.

Ask your DM about it. You may like it.

I have never heard of Field Data. I really don't mind using the Dashboard. I know they are constantly working out different bugs, but I enjoy all of the resources it provides us with. (Marketing campaings, B.O.B., quoting, etc.)

Is Field Data some kind of agency development software?

B.o.b is an amazing online CRM! I didn't utilize my first few months, but now, it's one of the only icons I click on when I first log on to the Dashboard. From there, I go to the Image Center, Print Center, etc...

One thing I've thought about recently is that BoB, and the CRM is completely online, in the Farmers system, if I ever wanted to go independent, or move company's, it may be difficult to get my book of business. I keep paper copies, but it would be a BIG drawback to not have everything in digital format!

I'm not thinking of moving company's or going independent, but I've been thinking a lot about how relationship driven this industry is, and to lose files would sink you. I'm gonna go download my book right now...and do a backup...

I also talekd with Farmers... One of the key advantages was that they would let me continue to do mortgages while I was with them. They are also much less restrictive as far as offering products from other insurers is Farmers does not have that product. The disadvantage compared to what I am hearing about State Farm is the support system and training. I have read some nasty things about Farmers on the web. Taken with a grain of salt, but they do seem eager to hire. The District was talking to me 30 minutes in about making me his 'partner' etc.. He was a typical salesman. State Farm has not come across like that. I'm sure both have pros and cons, but Farmers does not seem like a fit for me...

Norcal,

Since you seem to be the resident Farmer's agent, could you give some of us aspiring agents some insight into what it's like working for Farmer's in your area? I was wondering about things like leads and training that we will get from Farmers and the extent of support from them.

Any information is appreciated

Aspiringwealth:

I am in a similar situation. I am not sure I want to completely give up Real Estate and State Farm will not allow any activity at all. Farmer's does? The State Farm people seem like a class act and I have a couple of friends and family who have been really successful so i think I am going that direction.

My advice is give up real estate and go with State Farm if you are offered a position. Farmers seems to have a lot of agent turn over and are always cycling between cutting rates to gain market share or raising rates to regain profitablility. A friend of mine was with Farmers and would advise against going with them. He is now independent. I have saw no turn over among the SF people except by death or retirement.

Last edited:
Yeah thats good advice. Its been a good road but all good things must come to an end I guess. Also I told the wifey that she will have to get her broker's license so I can still meddle haha.

Yea that works! ;) In fact I know a few guys who are either captive or with broker dealers who get around selling away by having a wife who is licensed.

Back