AOR from Smart Start Program (Smart Choice)

medicareguru

Expert
So here is the question:

I write an auto policy through the Smart Start program with Smart Choice. Worldwide Insurance Network is technically the agent of record.

During the time I am with Smart Start, I am able to obtain a direct appointment with a carrier that I am accessing through Smart Start.

Will I be able to take an AOR letter at the renewal and move the policy to my direct appointment? I have already confirmed that the non-compete for Smart Choice Agents with sub-coded appointments does not apply to the Smart Start program.

I guess what I'm wondering is if the the carriers have some sort of agreement with Smart Choice not to move policies even with an AOR.

Yes you are allowed. I was with Smart Start & Metlife was the carrier, once I got appointed I was able to do BOR to my agency. I didn't even have to wait until renewal, I was able to transfer midterm.

I am no longer with smartchoice as of June 4th. BUT I have direct appointments with Grange, Travelers and Bristol West. I have admin capabilities with Travelers and Bristol West. why hasn't smartchoice changed my admin abilities with grange like they did with others. I am getting so frustrated, because no one will answer me. Looking for advice could someone email me directly kimberly dot findlay01 at gmail.com thank you...

Back