Auto & Health

another interesting related question would be if there are any insurance companies that offer a multi-line discount for auto+health

OK, just visted the link. Yep, for sure spam.

If someone has that much knowledge of insurance they sure in the hell know that there are companies that offer health.

Drive by any State Farm and they have signs- Affordable Health all over.

Last edited:
State Farm goes through Assurant Health. Btw, I was looking for information for my blog. And I've come up with the conclusion that the only company that offers Health & Auto, is Nationwide, and in 2 states. California and Ohio. I didn't mean to make it look like I was posting my site, it was in my signature.

And Agent Jeff,

Yes, your question is interesting.

OK, just visted the link. Yep, for sure spam.

If someone has that much knowledge of insurance they sure in the hell know that there are companies that offer Life!

Drive by any State Farm and they have signs- Affordable Health all over.

Last edited:
State Farm goes through Assurant Health. Btw, I was looking for information for my blog. And I've come up with the conclusion that the only company that offers Health & Auto, is Nationwide, and in 2 states. California and Ohio.

I guess I'm not sure what your looking for. Is your question why don't P&C insurance companies underwrite health directly, then you would have to ask the insurance company. If your question is if they market them, then the answer is usually yes, but usually from another company.

If you peel the covers back, many P&C companies don't actually write term life either, though they sell it. It's usually re-insured. Heck, even the casualty side is reinsured above a certain amount.

I guess I would ask, why do you want to know? Is it just topic for discussion, or is there a point to the question?

Dan

Well, people get discount for homeowners and auto with same company. It appears Nationwide does infact write health and auto in 2 states. I guess I was interested in auto and health, because for people in college, those are practically the only two types of insurance they get, and would be convenient to get both types with one company. I didn't know if there was an answer to 'why' companies don't offer both, but thought maybe there was.

I guess I'm not sure what your looking for. Is your question why don't P&C insurance companies underwrite health directly, then you would have to ask the insurance company. If your question is if they market them, then the answer is usually yes, but usually from another company.

If you peel the covers back, many P&C companies don't actually write term life either, though they sell it. It's usually re-insured. Heck, even the casualty side is reinsured above a certain amount.

I guess I would ask, why do you want to know? Is it just topic for discussion, or is there a point to the question?

Dan

Back