Auto Insurance for 21 Year Olds

aliksms

I just bought my first car for $5,999. I have been searching for car insurance but I can't believe how expensive it all is. I think the main issue is that I am 21 years old, but I have a clean record, have been driving for 5 years, have never gotten in an accident, and have great grades. All the quotes I have been getting are at least $350. I just don't understand how it can be so expensive. At that rate I would be paying as much as my car is worth in a year and a half. Does anyone have and advice or in the same situation?

That sounds extremely high if it is 350 a month. Make sure its not for a 6 month term or annual total or something. Are you paying for liability only? Did you quote for comprehensive and collison?

I just bought my first car for $5,999. I have been searching for car insurance but I can't believe how expensive it all is. I think the main issue is that I am 21 years old, but I have a clean record, have been driving for 5 years, have never gotten in an accident, and have great grades. All the quotes I have been getting are at least $350. I just don't understand how it can be so expensive. At that rate I would be paying as much as my car is worth in a year and a half. Does anyone have and advice or in the same situation?

There are a lot more variables than your age, record, and grades. Although, the first two are major factors for younger drivers. Have you been insured before, either listed as a driver on your parents' policy or on your own? Where do you live? These last 2 are important as well. One agent in one part of the country says 350 must be your 6 month premium, while somewhere else, that could easily be your monthly rate. This is why its so important to have an agent, as opposed to someone at a call center that could care less because they will never personally speak to you again.

Making an educated guess, the issue is a gap in coverage. Without a year of previous continuous coverage - most Auto Carriers will rate you in their non-standard / non preferred book of business.

If you are currently listed on a policy, and the company you are with for auto insurance - does not report to LexisNexis, this would be what is causing you to show a gap in coverage.

All you would need to do, to prove continuous coverage; is to bring in the declaration pages from the current policy and the past policy periods your were listed as a driver to prove a year or more of continuous coverage -

Hope this helps

Age is one of the primary factors that insurance companies consider when coming up with a car insurance quote. To an auto insurance company, a driver’s age is a general measure of driving experience and accident risk.

I would like to suggest you to contact a good insurance service provider like “Jackson & Jackson Insurance Agents and Brokers”. It may help you.

Back