Auto Insurance Cancelled???!

akharon

I had auto insurance with state farm for two years, and then my car was totaled. I got reinsured with them when I purchased a new vehicle, and two months later I find out they sent a letter to my mom's address (left me no phone messages) about cancelling me due to "lack of information"-- two weeks from then.
The lack of information was from the accident that totalled the car, which they covered(I had to give them a ton of info and the police report to verify the claim), and a traffic violation that happened in 2015, when I was covered under them with my last car. I only figured out about this today, which is the day they just cancelled my insurance. Can they do this?

It was because we're both policy holders on the account. The agent suggested I do it that way, for the lowest premium.

Pro tip: If you have your address listed with an insurance company as your mom's, that's where they'll mail notices. For cancellations they are usually required by law to provide you notice and they will do that by mail.

I worked w/ SF.

This happens all the time when their is a claim. You need to call your agent and talk it through with them.

It's most likely due to not having complete info for a driver in the household.

That letter is a preliminary letter most likely. Doesnt mean your cancelled. It only means your cancelled if you sit back and just take it.

Call your agent - thats what they are there for.

Back