Auto Policy Coverage Questions

Anything over 250/500 and you're in the territory of umbrella, which I'd rather have the coverage for more than just an auto accident. Only time you need 500/500, that i am aware of, is if your umbrella requires it due to a rating factor. Otherwise supplement 250/500 with umbrella. There may be a reason you need it. Talk to your agent.

AAA and roadside assistance may be redundant. It may not be. Roadside coverage can be very different from one carrier to the next. Many carriers also have varying levels of roadside coverage. I don't know about geico, but progressive would not cover you as completely in some cases. Ask your agent.

The real answer to your questions? You got it. Ask your agent.

..My agent is first and foremost a salesman, and I would like to go into a conversation with a little more knowledge about the issues I mentioned. ...

If one of my customers felt this way I would ask them & assist them in transferring their policy to another agency.

Insurance is all about trust. If you don't trust your agent, you need to find a new one, period. It is pure idiocy to work with an agent you don't trust. There are simply too many other agents to work with.

I knew the other thing was just for show! Good to see it.

Back