Bad Moonroof Seal Bad, Water Damage/mold

Bb1987

Bad Moonroof Seal, Is Water Damage/mold covered?

I have a 2008 Cadillac CTS that has a bad moonroof seal. Which cause it to leak on my back leather seat. Drive it every other week because u have a company truck. So the water say and turned in to mold. I do have full coverage and comprehensive insurance through progressive. I made a claim they came out and took photos. Then got a call saying it was covered to clean and sanitize the seat. I called back wanting a replacement instead of it cleaned due to mold possibly re growing. Then I got put through to the supervisor and he tells me it's not covered cuz it wear and tear. My question is should the be covered by insurance?

Last edited:
Not sure what company you are with... but one of the employees here had rain come into her car and the carpet was soaked. First they cleaned it. After a week she reopened the claim because of the smell. She had to persuade the claims adjuster a bit, but the bottom line is that prior to the loss she did not have an odor- afterwards she did- they ended up replacing the carpet.

Back