Best Comparative Rater for Online Quotes?

WARNING TO POTENTIAL QUOMATION RATER USERS IN CALIFORNIA!
I recently paid the $199 set up fee thinking that QUOMATION was going to be good deal, read on and beware!
I quickly found out that several companies that Quomation listed on their service list, DID NOT allow bridges to the applications!! This basically made the product useless for me because I would have to go directly to the carriers website and duplicate my efforts by having to enter all the same client data again and then print the app. IF QUOMATION LISTS A CARRIER THAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE BRIDGE FUNCTION SHOULD'NT THEY ADVISED A CUSTOMER OF THIS BEFORE SELLING THEIR PRODUCT? DURING ONE OF MY CLIENT APPOINTMENTS, I HAD TO CALL QUOMATION TECH SUPPORT AND AFTER THEY COULD NOT FIX THE PROBELM, THEY REFERRED ME BACK TO THE CARRIER WHO TOLD ME THAT IT WAS "QUOMATIONS PROBLEM" THAT THEY HAD ADVISED QUOMATION THAT THEIR SOFTWARE HAD NOT BEEN SET UP YET TO WORK PROPERLY WITH THE QUOMATION BRIDGE, "THERE ARE ALOT OF BUGS THAT HAVE TO BE WORKED OUT HE CLAIMED AND STATED I WOULD HAVE TO COMPLETE ALL THE APPS BY HAND! I LOST A CUSTOMER DUE TO THIS EMBARRASSMENT. QUOMATION SEEMS TO HAVE JUMPED THE GUN IN OFFERING SERVICES THEY COULD NOT PRODUCE, POSSIBLY IN EFFORTS TO COMPETE WITH THE FSC PRODUCT?? After detailing my complaint and taking a couple of screen shots of the carrier list and asking for a full refund this is what I was told by their accounting section; You are obligated to give 90 days notice to cancel and our policy is to not give refunds for the set-up. OK... SO MUCH FOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!
HERE IS MY BOTTOM LINE FOR ANY NEW AGENTS / BROKERS CONSIDERING QUOMATION: PAY A LITTLE EXTRA PER MONTH AND AVOID THE QUOMATION TRAP. GO WITH THE "FSC" RATER.
PLUS MANY CARRIERS THAT I HAVE WANTED TO GET APPOINTMENTS WITH TO BE COMPETITIVE IN MY MARKET ARE TELLING ME THAT I CAN ONLY WRITE WITH THEM THROUGH FSC RATER!!!!
Good Luck to All!

I know that we can help you with a quoting software package you are looking for and we have carriers (Preferred and Non-Standard) already set up with us. We can offer you a demo at no charge.

Shoot me an email and we can talk more in detail.

My agency is looking for a new comparative rater. Specifically, we'd like our customers to be able to quote, and perhaps bind online. We get a fair amount of web traffic today and would like to improve our closure rates. We think online quoting and binding would be great. We also don't mind hiring web programmers to help create the web interface with the comparative rater if needed. Does anyone have experience or ideas for this? Is there a good rater that has much of this functionality? Thanks.

Hello, as a follow-up to my recent experience with Quomation, I found this at the Utah BBB;

BBB Rating for Quomation Insurance Services

Based on BBB files, Quomation Insurance Services has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:
  • BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
  • BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.
  • Failure to respond to one complaint filed against business.
  • One complaint filed against business that was not resolved.
ANY QUESTIONS?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yes, there are a couple options out there currently. We are using Ezlynx and currently there is no plug and play set up for letting the binding process happen online. Plus if you did have the technology there are only a few carriers that will allow it.

Hello all, as a follow-up in considering Comparative raters please read waht I found at the
Utah BBB;

BBB Rating for Quomation Insurance Services

Based on BBB files, Quomation Insurance Services has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:
  • BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
  • BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.
  • Failure to respond to one complaint filed against business.
  • One complaint filed against business that was not resolved.
Any Questions??

Last edited:
Prior to joining ITC, I was an agency owner and an ITC TurboRater user for over a decade. On rare occasions I did experience rate discrepancy issues. Honestly I can say in the 11 years I used TurboRater, I may have sent in four rating issues. On those few occasions a rating error was discovered, I simply submitted an incident and the issue was resolved within a 24 hour timeframe – every time, without fail.

I also do want to mention, ITC’s company list includes several preferred carriers, including but not limited to Travelers, Safeco, Auto-Owners, Encompass, Standard Mutual, Grange, Rockford Mutual, and many more. ITC TurboRater is currently offered in Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin. For complete carrier lists, please visit http://www.turborater.com/Products/rating/company_list.aspx

Last edited:
Our office uses both PL rating and EZlynx. I like PL rating better but neither is perfect. PL rater will allow your web traffic to quote personal lines on their own and you will receive a notice from the new quote that was generated.

Ezlynx has a link you can put on your website for clients to get their own quote.

I have never heard of a rater system, that will allow a client to BIND online, unless it is directly on the carriers site, such as progressive or Geico

Hello,

I am with QQ Solutions. We offer a completely Web-based comparative rater: QQ WebRater. You can quote up to 6 cars and 6 drivers. There is no software to install or maintain. We offer real-time rating, binding, and bridging. We also have QQ WebAgent which is a consumer portal that adds real-time auto insurance quoting to your agency's Web site along with Lead management. It is simple and quick for a consumer to enter information and obtain rates.

For more information please visit our Web site QQSolutions.com or contacts us at 800-940-6600.

Sincerely,
Product Management
QQ Solutions
Hi
I'm in CT That sytem works here, I saw FL,TX only for PL Rater, can you give me more information, please.
Thank You.
I'm a New Independent Agent in CT, Use to work with my wife , shes a State Farm Agent here in West Haven CT and I went Indy because I always think there is more out there to offer to our clients, also I'm a Mortgage broker here and in Florida for that pasts 12 years. just a littel info on who im :laugh: Thank you

Hello Custom.madeins -- I hope you are having a great day. I am sorry to say QQ Solutions currently does not offer a comparative rater in CT. We do offer QQ Evolution which is an agency management system and does work with other raters. This system provides numerous features agencies need to run and increase their book of business. We provide items such as comprehensive commission structures, scanning, marketing, carrier downloads, reporting and more. You are also able to choose from different versions of the system which allows you to choose the set of features which best suit you.

If you are interested in QQ Evolution I'd be happy to provide you with more information and answer any questions you might have. I didn't see any contact info for you but you are more then welcome to contact me at my email of: [email protected] or contact us at 800-940-6600.

Good for you for going Indy! :yes: Anything an agent can offer helps the bottom line and your customers.

Thank You,
Amy Harmon
Product Manager
QQ Solutions, Inc.

</IMG>

Back