Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Auto Insurance Forum

Reply to Boyfriend Wants to Be on my Car Insurance     
Old 07-04-2017, 06:34 PM   #21
Super Genius
adjusterjack on Boyfriend Wants to Be on my Car Insurance

State: adjusterjack is an Insurance Agent from Arizona
Boyfriend Wants to Be on my Car Insurance Re: Boyfriend Wants to Be on my Car Insurance
Originally Posted by hazlxeyes View Post
His plan was to get a used car, something he can pay completely out of pocket for.. around 2k-ish (which you know is a piece of junk) and is an older model, so about 2005-2008 or so. His plan was also to not get full coverage, either way we've moved past the subject and he handled things in another way. Sure enough his parents are going to give him his mom's old car because she is going to get a new car. I assume he'll have the insurance covered from his parents so I'm off the hook. Not my problem anymore.
Maybe the insurance isn't your problem any more but your irresponsible boyfriend still is.

Just make sure he NEVER drives your car.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Boyfriend Wants to Be on my Car Insurance
Old 07-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #22
Super Genius
Warrior on Boyfriend Wants to Be on my Car Insurance

State: Warrior is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Boyfriend Wants to Be on my Car Insurance Re: Boyfriend Wants to Be on my Car Insurance
Placing a high risk person on your policy will make your premiums go up really high. It also, if he is able to get insurance, if he gets any other violations, your insurance will be cancelled and may not be able to find another company to take you due to him.

The best thing he needs to do is not get insurance for 5 years, as most companies do not look past 5 years. Once he has 5 years of no violations under his belt, then look to getting him on a policy of his own. It will be affordable and his. So if you don't have him in your life any more. (not saying it will happen, but I have seen it before) you won't have to try to get him off your policy.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Boyfriend Wants to Be on my Car Insurance
Reply to Boyfriend Wants to Be on my Car Insurance 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Auto Insurance Forum