Brooke Agency Franchise

My business partner and I owned three franchises at one time Brooke 341, 347 and 482. We both got out before the ship sank. I made out the best leaving years ago (nice check in the bank). He barely got out...... It was a nightmare from the word go.

I had 5 at one time. Several years ago and such a bad memory I don't even remember my cono #s but they were close to yours. I got out before they went down also but, was closer to the "barely escaped" then "nice check in the bank." I get my gratification from knowing that I warned as many as I could to run as far away from this meat grinder as possible. The grief they left in their wake was immeasuarble.

For sure there are thousands of clients looking for new agents. I believe that they were really going after the Phoenix area and I know that they had wanted me to by three very large commercial agencies in Semi-Valley.

11/10/2008 – BANKRUPTCY / FILING CLAIM / INSURANCE REGULATORS
Brooke Corporation and Brooke Capital Corporation are currently the subject of Chapter 11 bankruptcy petitions being jointly administered under case number 08-22786 in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Kansas. For this reason, virtually all staff has been let go and there is no one available to assist you at the National Office, Franchisee Support Center, or National Service Unit. If you need assistance with your policy, you must contact your local Brooke agent for service. If your local agent’s office is no longer open, you will need to contact your insurance carrier directly.
If you believe you have monies owed to you by either of the above Brooke entities, you may make a claim by completing a Proof of Claim (form B10) and mailing it directly to the Bankruptcy Court. Be sure to reference case number 08-22786. You may also obtain additional general information on bankruptcy at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court District of Kansas website: www.ksb.uscourts.gov. There is also a link to the Brooke Corp hearing calendars on that site. Simply click ‘Brooke Crop Bankruptcy’ on the left side of the screen, or click HERE.
For information from each of the state insurance regulators that we have been in communication with and how to reach their consumer affairs department for additional assistance, select the appropriate state below.​

Brooke

Back