Bush screwing up auto deal

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
Bush is planning to toss the big 3 a pile of cash on the way out so that he will look like he did something. All it is doing, aside from throwing money away, is to keep the UAW and others from coming to Jesus and getting that industry on the right track before it comletely and totally too late.

Get ready for the quarterly bailout of the auto industry. Many more to come.

As stated before, this financial gig is a tough one to follow because there is cash where Congressional action is required and then there is cash which Presidents can just sling at industries based on their executive powers. Otherwise, I dont think Bush would have the votes to sling any cash at the auto industry.

Bush was hated by the libs and never had the brass to stand with the conservatives on fiscal matters. At least Obama is a big, big government guy and never pretended to be otherwise. What you see is what you get.....sigh.

Winter

Bush is planning to toss the big 3 a pile of cash on the way out so that he will look like he did something. All it is doing, aside from throwing money away, is to keep the UAW and others from coming to Jesus and getting that industry on the right track before it comletely and totally too late.

Get ready for the quarterly bailout of the auto industry. Many more to come.

As stated before, this financial gig is a tough one to follow because there is cash where Congressional action is required and then there is cash which Presidents can just sling at industries based on their executive powers. Otherwise, I dont think Bush would have the votes to sling any cash at the auto industry.

Bush was hated by the libs and never had the brass to stand with the conservatives on fiscal matters. At least Obama is a big, big government guy and never pretended to be otherwise. What you see is what you get.....sigh.

Winter

Once Condi is gone, I would like to put something in the suggestion box for "mistress hillary" or "mistress pelosi".

I'm sure that you are working on this, and I realize that your last sig line will be a tough one to follow, but I'm certain that as the new admin unfolds, unravels, something poignant will come to you.

Once Condi is gone, I would like to put something in the suggestion box for "mistress hillary" or "mistress pelosi".

I don't see that happening at this time because whenever I read or think about Hillary or Pelosi it is followed by a period of sexual dysfunction. Not good.

What a stinking mess. Any way you look at it, but hey, it's not like losing $50 billion or something.

How could that have happened?

I don't see that happening at this time because whenever I read or think about Hillary or Pelosi it is followed by a period of sexual dysfunction. Not good.

With your fertile imagination and acerbic wit, I'm certain that you will come up with something.

Pelosi doesn't necessarily have to be the one holding the whip. However, as you indicated, it could take a while.

Those of us who are suffering under the dumbing down of the ruling classes, need something, to cling to, if only humour.

If BUsh doesn't throw some mobney at this the Republican party can kiss goodbye forever to ohio, michigan and wisconsin.

big3bailoutad.jpg

My dad just sent me this pic, read the whole thing.

If BUsh doesn't throw some mobney at this the Republican party can kiss goodbye forever to ohio, michigan and wisconsin.

Which of course will be the same thing that happens when and after he throws them a bone... So I guess the spoiled electorate of those beautiful states could be assimilated to whining children that refuse to eat their vegtables... until they get promised their desert.... which of course they will then promise to never do so again, until the next night.

Gag me with a spoon... The auto industry needs to take a douche.

Could be, except the American public, Democrats included, are against the bailout and the Republicans and Democrats need to be concerned about votes in the rest of the country as well.

Let's see. We have to throw money at Wall Street or you lose that crew. You have to bail California out or you will lose their votes. You have buy up all the under-water mortgages in the country or the other party gets those votes. You have to fund universal health care or else everyone will vote against you... You have to agree that massive, massive deficit spending is actually a stimulus package, you have to vote for the coming public works boondoggle or you are against labor.......you have to..........

All of those scenarios, taken piecemeal may be true. When the chickens come home to roost, hell will be to pay in the next election for those who voted for some of this crap as well. Ya think?

:cool:

Last edited:
Could be, except the American public, Democrats included, are against the bailout and the Republicans and Democrats need to be concerned about votes in the rest of the country as well.

Let's see. We have to throw money at Wall Street or you lose that crew. You have to bail California out or you will lose their votes. You have buy up all the under-water mortgages in the country or the other party gets those votes. You have to fund universal health care or else everyone will vote against you... You have to agree that massive, massive deficit spending is actually a stimulus package, you have to vote for the coming public works boondoggle or you are against labor.......you have to..........

All of those scenarios, taken piecemeal may be true. When the chickens come home to roost, hell will be to pay in the next election for those who voted for some of this crap as well. Ya think?

:cool:

How about a Provincial form of government for all but the military?

Latest posts

Back