Can We Be Forced to Purchase Auto Insurance?

Hello, nice question! it actually depends on your state because there are states which would revoke your driver's license if you've been driving without a car insurance. You can check about the state laws and regulations @ at the website 24autoinsurancequotes.com .....

i learned a lot from their blogs. I'm pretty sure you will too.

I think in Maine you don't have to buy any auto insurance at all as long as you can prove you can pay dammages. You can also holster a gun in public. Can't even do that in Texas.

Look, this is more about control of 1/6 of the U.S. Economy than anything else and control of the people. Insurance companies and agents, people on the inside and in 'the know' have had years to present plans to fix the problems within the industry. Republicans just wished it would go away so some say but I'm not sure that is the case. I think at times it is all smoke and mirrors by big brother to use two parties which are all nothing but friends and back room deal makers behind closed doors. It is a shady system. Until these elected officials are removed from office by force, they will keep getting more and more retarded or at least appear that way.

I got to thinking that even if the Republicans could repeal and replace this health law they won't. I think they want it just the same. Maybe in another version but instead they just said no to everything and let the dems do it. Both parties are the biggest crooks. It is like we have the Mafia running the country in which case I might actually feel better. Until we stop sending them their tax as a nation we are screwed. The citizens of this country need to make a stand because it is almost too late. We could do it without bloodshed if the people would unite as a whole with a plan of action on their own. Protesting is not working. Stop supporting your states and let the states clean up the Fed. Quit buying crap just cut out everything you can in your state for a week with a protest (spend no money) and show them who really has the power if they get balls. No other way to do it. Must be done by inflicting financial harm. Perfectly legal too.

I think in Maine you don't have to buy any auto insurance at all as long as you can prove you can pay dammages. You can also holster a gun in public. Can't even do that in Texas.

Look, this is more about control of 1/6 of the U.S. Economy than anything else and control of the people. Insurance companies and agents, people on the inside and in 'the know' have had years to present plans to fix the problems within the industry. Republicans just wished it would go away so some say but I'm not sure that is the case. I think at times it is all smoke and mirrors by big brother to use two parties which are all nothing but friends and back room deal makers behind closed doors. It is a shady system. Until these elected officials are removed from office by force, they will keep getting more and more retarded or at least appear that way.

I got to thinking that even if the Republicans could repeal and replace this health law they won't. I think they want it just the same. Maybe in another version but instead they just said no to everything and let the dems do it. Both parties are the biggest crooks. It is like we have the Mafia running the country in which case I might actually feel better. Until we stop sending them their tax as a nation we are screwed. The citizens of this country need to make a stand because it is almost too late. We could do it without bloodshed if the people would unite as a whole with a plan of action on their own. Protesting is not working. Stop supporting your states and let the states clean up the Fed. Quit buying crap just cut out everything you can in your state for a week with a protest (spend no money) and show them who really has the power if they get balls. No other way to do it. Must be done by inflicting financial harm. Perfectly legal too.

Even if the Republicans take every single available race they still wont have the 75% of votes to repeal any laws. So the fact that their talking about it just goes to show you that they want talking points not actual solutions to problems. Current bill is a small step in the right direction with GI policies, some of the caps are a bit intense and I'm not sure I'll like the 5% - 7% commissions as much, its like writing really tiny Workers Comp policies now, haha. At least in a short term thing people are gonna stop saying "I'm gonna wait till Obama does his health insurance thing". Of course now they'll just say I'll wait till I understand it or any number of objections that basically mean I don't want to pay for this, you didn't do your job well enough to convince me of the need. At least till the flood gates open and we're writing 5 MM of these things a day when its mandated to have it.

most dealers wont let you take if off the lot without proof of insurance and you can not finance a car if its not insured. It must have your states minimum requirements to be financed through a bank or credit union

djs, Dan, has it spot on. Driving a car is a privilege and you need to protect yourself and others in case you damage them. You don't have to pay for car insurance, unless you own a car.

To have mandatory health insurance doesn't seem like the same system at all. All people will end up doing is figuring out which costs less, the fine or tax imposed by the govt for NOT having health insurance, or the insurance itself. Once you get broken, call up and get health insurance on your way to the hospital and start paying for it only when you need it. As soon as your healed, cancel it again and go back to paying the minimums.

You don't think the same people who know how to scam medicare and medicade also won't figure out the loopholes in the new system?

Current bill is a small step in the right direction with GI policies

Right because we all know how well GI has worked in the past. GI with NO pre existing waiting periods (i.e. buy it when you need it) is just plain stupid, then again so is a $95 fine for non compliance (waived under some circumstances).

Why can't we have GI and coverage for all pre existing accidents (repairs and all) on auto insurance? See how silly that sounds...

LOL

Right because we all know how well GI has worked in the past. GI with NO pre existing waiting periods (i.e. buy it when you need it) is just plain stupid, then again so is a $95 fine for non compliance (waived under some circumstances).

Why can't we have GI and coverage for all pre existing accidents (repairs and all) on auto insurance? See how silly that sounds...

LOL

The difference is if your car doesn't work you can still get around, if you don't work your simply a liability to the greater good. Health Insurance for all is a moral imperative. Healthy individuals contribute more to society than those who are not properly cared for. Also the amount of people who have bills they can't ever pay due to accidents and such things is just silly. Like a heart attack should force you into bankruptcy, that's just silly.

"Also the amount of people who have bills they can't ever pay due to accidents and such things is just silly. Like a heart attack should force you into bankruptcy, that's just silly."

I don't know if you've ever heard of this but there's this insurance, I think it's called disability insurance that can replace your income in the case of an accident or illness...

I'm sure that's what it is called. Has anyone here ever heard of it?

Back