Can You Buying Collision Without Comprehensive?

sam816

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am told by a prospect recently moved from California to Arizona that big captives like Farmers or State Farm would sell her collision coverage without comprehensive. I have not been able to find a carrier in AZ that is willing to do so (I am an independent, have access to more than a dozen carriers in AZ).

Just curious, are there any carriers that are offering collision without comp in AZ or CA?

TIA.

why would you want to though? There is some lack of understanding here. Yes, comp claims aren't the norm, but that's why comp coverage is pretty cheap.

Dan

yes, you can pick and chose which one you want, not a big deal

why would you want to though? There is some lack of understanding here. Yes, comp claims aren't the norm, but that's why comp coverage is pretty cheap.

Dan

I think people tend to ask independent agents "Why can't you offer this when Farmers or other captives can?"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
yes, you can pick and chose which one you want, not a big deal

Can you be more specific? which carriers will allow this? Thanks.

Last edited:
In WA I don't know of any carriers that will allow you to get collision without comp. Not even Farmers (I used to work for them). It might be a WA thing though.

I can't see a reason why someone would want to do this. Because of that, I've never tried to do it with any of the carriers.

I can't really see anyone ever wanting to do that either, and definitely wouldn't recommend it. But I've botched up clicking on coverages and had the system give me a pop up window telling me I can't do that.

I can't see a reason why someone would want to do this. Because of that, I've never tried to do it with any of the carriers.

Botched up clicking? When that happens, I throw my mouse across the room and hire a new one. I make sure it understands if it botches up like its predecessor, it will be in the mouse pile as well.

I go through about 10 mouses a day.....

If the vehicle is financed, I don't think the lender will allow?

I have been in insurance for over 17 yrs and to cover my arse, I refuse to do such OR write out exactly what is NOT covered without comp and make the insured sign and sign again and again.

Back