Can You Resume Your Auto Insurance Policy One It Was Canceled?

Re: Can You Resume Your Auto Insurance Policy One It Was Canceled

Can you resume your auto insurance policy one it was canceled? Thanks!

Depends upon whether the company wants you back as a customer or not. Did they cancel or did you cancel?

This guy is asking all kinds of weird questions... not sure why.

Dan

This guy is asking all kinds of weird questions... not sure why.

Dan

May be he is weird, may be he is stupid, may be he is from a foreign country, may be he was dropped on his head when he was a child, or may be he is just padding post counts.

It depends on what company you are with and their reinstatement policies. Where I work, if the policy was cancelled less than six months, it can be reinstated with the same policy number and coverages.

Last edited:

It depends on your auto company's reinstatement guidelines. At my company it's almost impossible to get reinstated if you have been cancelled over thirty days. And good luck getting an affordable policy with a gap in BI

Reinstatement with or without lapse in coverage is available at the companies discretion. Also expect to be asked to sign a statement of no loss.

I have seen companies refuse on the basis the insured was a chronic late pay problem.

I do not believe you can. You have to reapply because the carriers do not know if you've been in an accident or received a new ticket that would effect your rates.

IndyGregsaid everything that needed to be said here :)

Back