Car Insurance Is Too High After Address Change To Another State

skumaravel

I bought a car in South Carolina in Aug-2015. I had an auto insurance with GEICO in which I paid a premium of around $100 per month for 16 months. I moved to Georgia in Nov-2016. I changed my address in the South Carolina auto insurance to the Georgia address in Jan-2017 and the new premium is around $250 per month. Why do you think the insurance has increased?

Insurance is based on multiple factors one being population density. More likely to be in an accident. Cost of living. Your credit. Claims history. Zip code you live in. Could also be that Geico doesn't want more customers in your area so they price themselves out of the market.

Yep, a lot of times a move, especially to a new state, is a good reason to compare rates. A good rate in one area doesn't translate to a new policy in a new area.

No better time then the present to get some comparison quotes.

Dan

Where I live alot of folks move from VA to WV because its cheaper in many ways. Car Ins rates are MUCH higher in WV, even if you live only 1/2 mile away from VA. That is always something to think about when moving...

the most drastic change of any state involves Michigan.

no matter what state you're moving from, move to Michigan, and your premium will skyrocket!

on the other hand, move from Michigan to any other state, your new premium may have you doing cartwheels.

the most drastic change of any state involves Michigan.

no matter what state you're moving from, move to Michigan, and your premium will skyrocket!

on the other hand, move from Michigan to any other state, your new premium may have you doing cartwheels.

Just curious why MI is so high?
WV (from what I've heard) is bc so much of the state is rural roads, and tons of deer hits on top of that.

Back