Car Totalled

rontho

Hello, my car was totalled and I also have gap, but my question is I now have to pay for a 25000 car when my previous car loan was down to 12000. I really dont want to start over. The other driver was ticketed for running a stop sign. can i get the difference (12000)from their insurance company? Thanks for any help. Let me know if you need any clarification. Ron

Hello, my car was totalled and I also have gap, but my question is I now have to pay for a 25000 car when my previous car loan was down to 12000. I really dont want to start over. The other driver was ticketed for running a stop sign. can i get the difference (12000)from their insurance company? Thanks for any help. Let me know if you need any clarification. Ron

You might have bought a $25,000 car but if you had it for more than a year then you didn't wreck a $25,000 car. How much are they giving you? Is it even enough to pay off your note?

You might have bought a $25,000 car but if you had it for more than a year then you didn't wreck a $25,000 car. How much are they giving you? Is it even enough to pay off your note?

They gave me 12100, gap will cover the other 200. The thing is I didn't want to start over at 25000. I just bought a new replacement for 25000 if that clarifies anything. however, i didnt want to have to finance that much when i only had a couple years left on my old one.

go to kbb.com and get an "estimate" of what your car was worth

If you didn't want to finance $25k, you shouldn't have bought a $25k car. Is that really a difficult concept? You had a used car. You didn't mind paying on a $12k loan. What was stopping you from buying a used car for $12k?

If you didn't want to finance $25k, you shouldn't have bought a $25k car. Is that really a difficult concept? You had a used car. You didn't mind paying on a $12k loan. What was stopping you from buying a used car for $12k?

Plus one for this thought process.

The insurance is supposed to provide enough money for you to be able to purchase the same vehicle in the same condition, not buy a brand new car. It's good that you had the gap insurance although it didn't do much for you here, but if you don't want to start at $25k again, just buy a cheaper car. If you really want to avoid debt, get an old honda for a few thousand bucks and you'll have it paid off in no time.

you mean to tell me, if I buy a $25,000 car, in 5 or 10 years, I cant sell it for $25,000?

What a bogus deal man!

Back