CLUE and DMV Records.

PotentialFarmer

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone know of a good service in California for indy agencies to sign up for and get CLUE and DMV records? I'm currently with a wholesaler and would like to be able to run these reports myself if possible. I think it could help streamline my quoting process as well as screen out ridiculously poor drivers and potential headaches.

I have the same question but a different purpose. I have about 700 clients and all their information besides Drive License numbers or vin numbers of vehicles they have. I would like to market them a quote from my top three carriers.

How can I obtain this information. I once saw another agent quote Hartford and their system automatically pulled this information forward (obtaining VIN under their address, house hold & Social). I do not sell for the hartford but sure did like what I saw.

Has anyone ever done something like this?

thanks.

Progressive's system can do the same. If you have dob and ss, the system can pull vins. I'm still considerably new to the industry and don't know if there are 3rd party softwares that do the same thing. If there are, I bet they're pretty costly.

Thanks for the reply Indiana_Adam. I sell progressive but have never looked into this with them. I'll take a second look.

Thanks again.

Be careful with progressive as they will charge you for the reports if you are not placing business with them.

True, but you'll pay for them elsewhere anyway. The trick is to not just pull them for the fun of it, but only if there is a reasonable chance you'll place the business.

Dan

I tried to pull this information with progressive but it does not work in the state of Minnesota.

I have also tried my other carriers and it doesn't seem to work with them as well.

Any other ideas out there?

There are some online services which give you complete details about your DMV records in just a few clicks. But be careful in your search! Don't waste money on those online services which take you to some other links or don't provide you full view of your DMV docs. Above all it should be reliable!

Progressive's system can do the same. If you have dob and ss, the system can pull vins.

true except that the system can also pull vins without ss#. providing ss# might be more successful than not providing it, but it isn't always necessary.

people who generate their own internet leads rarely ask for ss# (because it can be a kiss of death as far as someone leaving their site). the system still pulls the vin about 40% of the time. It also provides prior insurance info as well.

In addition to progressive, the former GMAC (now national general) site not only pulled vins but it also pulled DL#'s.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back