Comparative Rating Software (help Please)

PDX_Agent

Expert
We currently use Multico in our office for comparative rating. It is a good program with great support.

They have a 'consumer portal' that allows us to link the rater on our website and if a prospect then clicks the link, it will take them into our agency to get a quote for auto insurance.

I can either have it display rates to the prospect or shut that off and have it simply used as a submission form for an automated "an agent will contact you shortly" message.

Multico is rewriting the contract now in what seems like a cash grab. They are going to retain the Monthly fee that we already pay, that will not go away. In addition they will be charging us another monthly fee for the consumer portal. This is anywhere from $50 a month for a max of 25 quotes per month, and $2 per "lead" after that. They have a $100 a month and $250 a month fee also if you want 100 "leads" or 200 "leads".

My first issue is that they are calling these prospects "leads" at all. A Lead would imply that I am paying Multico to send people my way, but as it stands, it's my website, and my advertising dollar that brought people to the site in the first place. Now Multico wants to charge me a fee for that on top of the already inflated service charge per month.

My Question is does anyone know of other comparative raters out there that are good and may or may not allow a link on a site to get a quote?

Looking for options here, thanks.

I have only personally used FSC and EzLynx. I started with and used FSC for years but switched to Ezlynx about 10 months ago. I have been very happy with Ezlynx. It was much less expensive and the quotes are real time so you don't get surprised by any changes when you bridge the policy over to the carriers website to issue. FSC was very quick and the rates were "pretty" accurate. Ezlynx takes a little longer to get a quote and requires a little bit more info but the quotes are accurate and the proposal that is emailed to clients is more current and visually appealing. FSC's quote letters looked very genaric and dated. You could not upload your actual logo or letterhead.

QUOMATION COMPARATIVE RATER - A CALIFORNIA BROKER'S REVIEW

PRICE: $199 SET-UP +$125 / MONTHLY FOR A TOTAL OF $324.00 START UP FEES.

SUMMARY
: When the Quomation software product failed to access (Bridge) to some of my most competitive carrier's applications, I lost customers and was bound by Quomations 90 Cancellation Policy and a denial of refund.

PRODUCT PERFORMANCE
: Several companies that Quomation listed on their software program, did notbridge to the applications. This basically made the product useless for me because I had to go directly to the carriers website and duplicate my efforts by having to enter all the same client data again and then print the app. With one carrier, I had to have them fax me the application and do a mail in after I found out the Quomation bridge was not compatible--even though the carrier was listed as being compatible! Quomation tech support could not fix it and referred me back to the carrier who told me that they had advised Quomation of the incompatibility due to incomplete programming, yet Quomation did not remove them from their compatibility list!

CUSTOMER SERVICE
: After detailing my complaint and taking a couple of screen shots of the carrier list and asking for a full refund, I received NO REPLY. After another email to them I was told this; You are obligated to give 90 days notice to cancel and our policy is to not give refunds for the set-up.

OPINION:
TWO OF MY DM'S HAD TOLD ME TO GO WITH THE FSC COMPARATIVE RATER AND I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED! MY BOTTOM LINE FOR ANY NEW AGENT OR BROKER CONSIDERING QUOMATION: "PAY A LITTLE EXTRA PER MONTH AND AVOID ALOT OF HEADACHES. MANY CARRIERS THAT I HAVE WANTED TO GET APPOINTMENTS WITH TO BE COMPETITIVE IN MY MARKET HAVE TOLD ME THAT I CAN ONLY WRITE BUSINESS WITH THEM THROUGH FSC RATER.

I sincerely hope my personal experience and this review lends some insight into Quomation, their software, and the company. Good Luck and have fun in the business!

Last edited:
Back