Complete Silence from Insurer As Renewal Date Approaches

I was looking for information not advice. I'll make my own decision as to what to do. I'm looking for information to help me decide what to do not so much to be told what to do.

I was looking for information not advice. I'll make my own decision as to what to do. I'm looking for information to help me decide what to do not so much to be told what to do.

While you're at it...would you like a million dollars? If it's information you want, there's this new thang called Google. Learn to use it!

Last edited by a moderator:
10360691_10152844581764010_9034029736571038197_n.png

I always get a laugh out of this. Someone is so concerned about being right, they lose sight of actually solving the problem.

I'd like to get insurance online so I don't have to deal with people or talk to people but then I am upset because no one is talking to me or dealing with me....ok. We had Geico before because of my husbands never ending issue of feeling stop signs are optional. I would never have taken them if we had any other choices. Finally I did switch us to Progressive when I got appointed with them. He loves it, the app is very handy to show the cop when you get pulled over, he shared that with me last night. But that cop let him off. I don't know if we will ever be able to go with a standard carrier again, but out of the non-standards, I like Progressive. Even though they just started going back 5 years on tickets, not 3 anymore.

Yes I prefer to deal online when I find myself dealing with an industry where the live human beings only work a 9-5 schedule. I just checked and all Geico agents in my area only work about a 9-5 schedule. Since I work myself during those hours (and sometimes a lot longer hours) yes it is difficult for me to get to a live agent. I'll deal with folks by phone or in person if absolutely necessary--and perhaps it will turn out to be absolutely necessary in this case--but it is never going to be my first choice and providing good online service--along with flexible office hours when I do need to talk to a live human being--is going to be a factor in my choice of company.

Most consumer facing businesses, recognizing that a significant segment of the market themselves have jobs and aren't available 9-5, are open longer hours. For example the dealership where I bought my car is open until 8pm and their service department is open to drop off my car when maintenance is needed starting at 7am. I enjoy dealing with live human beings when they offer hours that are friendly to my own schedule and--if we are talking about the telephone--they are reachable with a minimum of time on hold. The Geico agents in my area don't offer flexible enough hours.

Last edited:
Most consumer facing businesses, recognizing that a significant segment of the market themselves have jobs and aren't available 9-5, are open longer hours.

How in the world did you buy insurance 20 years ago before online every friggin thing????:err:

You know you get what you pay for, correct? Most of the time after a 15 minutes conversation with A LOCAL IN LIVE PERSON agent, you need very little contact with the agency. You have a lunch break? Call YOUR LOCAL IN LIVE PERSON agent then.

For crying out loud, go register your account online at www.geico.com and work from there-I've had them for years and never had an issue with anything, including renewals.

And if that isn't good enough go run quotes online and get another company, how long does it take, 20 minutes?

Back