Crashed her Dads Garage!

Keep this in mind... Safeway, the daughters insurance, is denying coverage. Some say it's because an insured can't be liable to an insured. It's the daughters liability policy with Safeway. So, using that thought... Safeway would be saying that the daughter cannot be liable to her father. The fathers insurance has nothing to do with this. For the purpose of this claim the father is not an insured under the daughters policy.

To go back to Safe's post... Safeway told the father that was excluded from her policy. I'm guessing but I don't think that is the exact reason for the denial as it does not make sense. We are talking about the daughters liability coverage. It does not make sense to say the father is excluded from her policy... nor would it matter. I tend to think Safeway is actually denying saying that the daughter cannot be liable to the father (as mentioned).

This happens a lot. It depends how the famiky exclusion is written on her policy. I have worked for a few insurance companies and both accepted and denied such claims. Ask for a denial in writing thst states the exclusion in her policy.

Back