Difference Between Car Insurance and Commercial Truck Insurance

matthews

I am planning to take insurance for my trailer. Wanted to know the basic difference between car insurance and commercial truck insurance

Re: Difference Between Car Insurance and Commercial Truck Insuran

More questions than answers -

1. how big is your Truck
2. I see you are from AL - did you check the state RE:
how much insurance do you need
3. Title your name or Corp or enitiy other han Sole Prop

As far as coverage goes the coverages are basicly the same
Lia is third prty coverage - Comp - and Coll pay about the same way but the biggest difference is this

Normally your Personal Auto Policy will Follow you into other cars - even rental Commercial Polcies - "Symbols" direct your coverage

BEWARE of the Symbol 7 --- For your Liability Coverage you want you agent to FIGHT for a symbol 1 - that is ANY auto you become liable for ---

Your comp and coll you want sym 2 ----
OWNED auto --

If you own a personal auto and are keeping insurance on it OK

But if only have a commercial policy MAKE SURE you agent gives you DOC Drive other Car and if you are a PIP State ( I don;t think AL is) you will need BRoaden PIP __-

ASK QUESTION of your AGENT - do not accept a Sym 7 for LIA unless you can ger a hired and non owned endorsementr

Kazor

you can find out information on commercial truck insurance by clicking on the link below this site will help you answer any questions on commercial truck insurance or you can contact them and they will be more then willing to help you out ... hope this helps

Truck Insurance will conserve you against the most common risks to a trucking dealing, such as: vehicle damage, gone by the board business from interruption, pocketing, third party and other hindrance and employee injury. By making unflinching you have the proper truck trainload insurance coverage you can save yourself a lot of hassles in the future.

Last edited:
Back