Do Any Motor Clubs Pay Commission for Sign Ups?

Heather

Guru
100+ Post Club
NY
Not Motor Club of America/MCA.

I have this great regional carrier where the typical savings on a home and auto bundle is over $1,200 per year. The problem is they only offer towing reimbursement. I tell my customers who are coming from say Progressive that has roadside that their new policy does not have it and they should take some of that 1,200 a year in savings an invest about $80 in a AAA membership.

Well, that never happens. Few months down the line they call me screaming because they have a flat tire, they need a tow because they don't have a spare and they don't have $75 to their name to pay the tow truck.

I would really like to be proactive on this and have a roadside service where I can sign them up myself so I know it gets done. I have these irresponsible customers that have 20 inch chrome rims with Perrelli tires but can't afford a spare tire. They have the new Iphone but they run out of gas because they don't have even 5 bucks to put in the gas tank. Its like a never ending drama.

So I would welcome any feedback on this.

I have this great regional carrier where the typical savings on a home and auto bundle is over $1,200 per year. The problem is they only offer towing reimbursement. I tell my customers who are coming from say Progressive that has roadside that their new policy does not have it and they should take some of that 1,200 a year in savings an invest about $80 in a AAA membership.

Well, that never happens. Few months down the line they call me screaming because they have a flat tire, they need a tow because they don't have a spare and they don't have $75 to their name to pay the tow truck.

I would really like to be proactive on this and have a roadside service where I can sign them up myself so I know it gets done. I have these irresponsible customers that have 20 inch chrome rims with Perrelli tires but can't afford a spare tire. They have the new Iphone but they run out of gas because they don't have even 5 bucks to put in the gas tank. Its like a never ending drama.

If you tell them up front how towing works it's their fault. Personally, I wouldn't want to deal with clients that can't even pay for a tow but if that's the business calling in and paying the bills then go for it.

Maybe you could get their authorization to run their card for the motor club memberships as they make the down payment for the insurance and send them the receipts?

Heather, I noticed in your post you mentioned "not MCA". I've been a member of MCA since 2012 and have used the service(s) at least a half dozen times and have had very positive experiences. I've not been on the marketing end of MCA but can attest to the services and robust benefits. Of course, they do pay commissions for signups and offer unlimited roadside services that includes 100 mile towing and includes an entire family.

Although I am partial to MCA based on my experience and satisfaction, NMC seems to be another solid company offering a direct sales and/or commissions based opportunity.

Please let me know if this is a good match for the customer concerns you aim to address.

We signed up for MCA a few years ago and it did not work well because most of our customers who needed it did not have a bank account to debit the $30 a month. Also they really could not afford it, we tried to get people to load the money on their pre-paid cards but it just did not work. I need to find a yearly type sign up that is pretty cheap.

Latest posts

Back