Does Anyone Sell P&C From Home?

MDL.AGENT

Hello, I'm new to the fourm and just started with State Farm about 2 months ago. I've noticed that most of the work we do to sell our policies can easily done from home using a lap top and phone. I'm a female soon to be married and would like to be able to work from home selling insurance so I can be with my children. Has anyone managed to do this selling Property and Casualty Insurance?

Yes, but....
1. Check with State Farm. They probably still require you maintain an office. This doesn't mean you can't talk to people from home though.

2. Being home with the children means you are not home working. Sorry, I tried this for a while. To focus on the job, you have to at least mentally not be at home.

3. To be successful, you'll need to learn to separate your home life from your work life. You can do this and work from home, but it requires a lot of discipline. Many try, few succeed. There isn't anything in your way of doing this but yourself.

4. If you work from home, make sure you have office hours and home hours. If you don't, you'll find that you are at home more than in the office (mentally speaking). This will lead to very low production.

Dan

I sell auto from home during the weekends. Its my after-hours service. Works mainly for dealerships, who are having trouble with their sale when the customer either doesn't have insurance yet or just wants a better deal.

M.

I would agree with Dan and urge you to check with State Farm. I can't imagine any DM being ok with any agent working from home. The first couple years are critical and will form your habits for better or for worse. I am starting my brokerage as we speak and I'm doing it from home for the next 9-12 months. I've been in this business for 12 years now and the difference is staggering between getting up and going to the office, and waking up in the office. Plus I miss the competitiveness of my co-workers. Hope that helps a little.

Matt

Thanks everyone for your replies and advice!

I'm not an agency owner only an associate agent right now.

I'm actually thinking of going indepedent so that's why I was just checking to see if anyone has done that and how much success they've had.

Does anyone know of Auto and Fire Insurance companies that give contracts to Indepedent Agents?

yeah i mean you can work from home talking with your clients but i believe most places want you to come inside there office

Hi everyone, I am in school currently getting my P and C license, but I want to work for myself at home. Can anyone tell me how I would go about getting in touch with the different auto insurance providers to get contracted with them to become a provider. I am in Louisiana and I would appreciate any advice anyone could give. Thanks very much.

agree with Dan working from home is not easy.
Currently my office is run out of my home.
Separating home from work is not as easy as it sounds.
very tough to stay motivated to work when home is just a few steps away.
It has worked pretty well keeping expenses down. but to really be successful and become a larger agency will require a move on my part.

hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back