Does anyone Us SafeCo's Gold Customer Service

Heather

Guru
100+ Post Club
NY
The one thing I hate about Safeco is that their customer service cannot help my customers if I am not available unless they are taking a payment.

If I take a reduced commission and join the Gold Service Program my customers can utilize the 800# for anything they need including policy changes or adding new business.

I am just wondering if anyone else uses the service and if there are any downsides to it?

Can't speak directly about Safeco, but I tried a service center once and will not do it again.

This is interesting because I recall my carrier reps all praising how good service centers were. They apparently retain better then non service centers etc...

I've had carrier reps push it, but is the customer more important to you or the service center? My customers found the agency was more responsive.

This is Safeco(they call my cell):

HI this ___ with Safeco customer service I have your client on the phone Mrs Smith who said she can't reach you and has a question on her bill , I will connect you now.

This is Me:

Please can't you help her its the 1st of the month and a Friday at 5pm the busiest day for me. I have some one at my desk, 3 people here waiting and 4 calls on hold, I only have 1 person here to help. Can't you please assist Mrs Smith?

This is Safeco:

Sorry we can't help her, maybe you need gold service.

Gets me hyped every time, its only once in a while when I need some help from them, and they would rather get the customer angry then answer a damn billing question because I am not with gold service.

How much of your time is spent servicing existing clients rather than quoting new business? If you are a one-agent shop, it might be worth it if 30% of your time is spent on endorsements to existing policies when you could be calling on new customers. What % of commission are they wanting to charge you for it?

If you do a trial year, Safeco will give you a report as to how much it was used near the end of your year. You can decide if it was worth it or not.

I forget what the fee was but it is charged to all of my commissions from Safeco and its basically a handful of Safeco customers that would ever use it and then again only on those busy days so I decided against gold service. We have lots of non-standard and seniors/disabled people who get paid on the 1st or 3rd of the month they tend to call in a credit card payment or drop off cash.

Back