Does Comprehensive Glass Claim Go Against You?

G

i'm in CA and need to make a claim on my insurance (Progressive) to replace my Windshield. I have a $100 deductible. The price difference between OEM and aftermarket is $900 and $1300.

I asked my adjuster if making these claims go against me as and they said if it's over $1k it sometime stick or if I had 3 of those $1k claims or something. Can someone confirm this? I'd much rather get OE vs aftermarket parts for the car.

i'm in CA and need to make a claim on my insurance (Progressive) to replace my Windshield. I have a $100 deductible. The price difference between OEM and aftermarket is $900 and $1300.

I asked my adjuster if making these claims go against me as and they said if it's over $1k it sometime stick or if I had 3 of those $1k claims or something. Can someone confirm this? I'd much rather get OE vs aftermarket parts for the car.

Comprehensive claim should not count on your insurance claims. Also Call FLO she will tell you that.

Comprehensive claim should not count on your insurance claims. Also Call FLO she will tell you that.

Haha. Flo knows! :D Personally, I think she's a little creepy.

But on a serious note, most insurance companies don't count a comprehensive claim towards your claim total. Go for the nicer windshield! And when in doubt regarding these sort of things, call a representative at your respective insurance agency. Anyone but Flo!

OE glass is a scam. The NAGS will be identical. You'll never tell a difference because there isn't one.

MB, BMW, Jag, Volvo customers are the best when it comes to glass.

you would think that companies don't rate higher for comprehensive claims, but many of them do. it's a little more common with non-standard companies.

many of them distinguish between a minor and major claim with $1000 being the threshold.

People usually get on me for this, and it probably makes little difference as to whether you make the claim or not, but just to be technical, in Florida, Travelers will ding you on a new business quote for even the tiniest comp claim. Comps over a $1,000 always ding you. You wouldn't have to worry about your current company surcharging you generally, but they may non-renew you if you have a couple of accidents and a bunch of comp claims or something like that.

Back