Does this Seem High for Insurance ?

Kellyfrost, you started a thread sometime ago about your insurance rates. Unfortunately I don't believe there is anyone here who does home and auto in Iowa, so you probably aren't going to get a lot of help.

To be frank, most agents on here haven't seen rates anywhere near that, but then we aren't in Iowa. The closest I have ever seen is someone with a good insurance score and clean driving record who was carrying liability only on an older car.

Either you will need to reach out to agents in Iowa, captive or independent, or accept those rates. Were it me, I might look around once every few years, but I wouldn't get too worked up. Your rate is such that it would take a huge percentage savings to move it a lot.

There is no company that has a great rate for everyone across the board. And there are so many factors that go into a rate. Not only that, there are even tweaks in the policy from one company to the next.

Really, the only way to make a comparison is to take your information and rate it and then examine what if any differences there are between policies.

Hello, browsing around on some forums about insurance costs on some expensive cars and what people pay mine seems really high for what I drive. I'm a 30 year old male , perfect driving record ,good credit , I have multi car discount with State Farm . My 2005 civic is 85 a month and my 2003 Nissan 350z is 100 a month. I was reading just out of curiosity what insurance costs on a c7 corvette . Granted these guys could be much older than me but many of them said their semi annual rates were 500 or less and that's basically what my 05 civic costs me . I've done a little shopping around and gotten even higher rates than what I pay now . Do my rates seem high ??

I'm not an agent.

I don't have comprehensive or collision on my vehicles which saves a ton. I have a 2005 Prius.

Kbb very quick glance 2005 civic value is $2500.

I'm not an agent.

I don't have comprehensive or collision on my vehicles which saves a ton. I have a 2005 Prius.

Kbb very quick glance 2005 civic value is $2500.

Yes, eliminating comprehensive and collision on low valued vehicles can save you lots of money as the years go by.

I do that, too.

But I have plenty of money in the bank to instantly replace a vehicle if it gets wrecked by an uninsured driver or stolen.

Do you have money in the bank to cover that kind of loss if it happens?

Yes, eliminating comprehensive and collision on low valued vehicles can save you lots of money as the years go by.

I do that, too.

But I have plenty of money in the bank to instantly replace a vehicle if it gets wrecked by an uninsured driver or stolen.

Do you have money in the bank to cover that kind of loss if it happens?

LFeels so good having no car payment & low cost insurance doesn't it?

I have enough in bank. If I was OP, even with zero in bank, I would consider self insuring. Totals current car, Most likely can get loan with attractive rates. But lenders are gonna require comp/collision. Maybe he has loans on current vehicle.

I personally wouldn't consider a corvette. 1 I'd lose my license. 2. I'd rather have money for experiences like flying out to Vegas on Monday. Groupon has some deals for $200 to drive sports car on track. Or I saw enterprise rental car I could rent a convertible Stingray for $150 a day. Not sure on mileage charge & had to have my own insurance.

Car loan of $400 & $100 in insurance. What to do with Extra $500/month.

Although in my younger days I "needed"a sports bike to make my life complete. Zero to sixty in 4.2 seconds. & it loved to cruise @100. Didn't Really complete my life & glad I lived to tell the tale with all limbs intact & more importantly didn't hurt anyone else with my risky behavior aka stupidity.

Hello, browsing around on some forums about insurance costs on some expensive cars and what people pay mine seems really high for what I drive. I'm a 30 year old male , perfect driving record ,good credit , I have multi car discount with State Farm . My 2005 civic is 85 a month and my 2003 Nissan 350z is 100 a month. I was reading just out of curiosity what insurance costs on a c7 corvette . Granted these guys could be much older than me but many of them said their semi annual rates were 500 or less and that's basically what my 05 civic costs me . I've done a little shopping around and gotten even higher rates than what I pay now . Do my rates seem high ??

I think you should consult an insurance agent and compare different plans.

Back