Does this Seem High for Insurance ?

Deemurray

Hello, browsing around on some forums about insurance costs on some expensive cars and what people pay mine seems really high for what I drive. I'm a 30 year old male , perfect driving record ,good credit , I have multi car discount with State Farm . My 2005 civic is 85 a month and my 2003 Nissan 350z is 100 a month. I was reading just out of curiosity what insurance costs on a c7 corvette . Granted these guys could be much older than me but many of them said their semi annual rates were 500 or less and that's basically what my 05 civic costs me . I've done a little shopping around and gotten even higher rates than what I pay now . Do my rates seem high ??

Comparing what you pay to someone else is a bit of a fool's errand. For one, you aren't the other person, and two you are assuming the person is even giving you the correct information. Many people have a poor memory for the details of their insurance.

There are many factors that go into insurance rates. First and foremost, are they even in the same state? Factors that get looked at include, zip code, insurance score (mostly credit based), age, multi-policy discounts, annual mileage on the vehicle, other drivers in the household and numerous others.

Ironically, expensive cars can sometimes be pretty inexpensive to insure. They fall into special use cases and are not used as a daily commuter.

Its a meaningless comparison. If you think you may be paying to much, shop your insurance with your record and your cars. Don't compare against someone else, especially on an internet forum.

Dan

^ Good for you, what state are you in, what zip code, how's your record, how's your insurance score, are you male or female, you're driving a pickup and suv /wagon not a c7 Corvette, a Civic or a Pento. Do you have medical insurance? Do you own a home, rent an apt, have a mobile home? All these and many more go into auto ins rates. Posting your dec sheet, honestly is pointless, not sure what you're trying to accomplish. All of these have been stated above, sorry if I sound like a jerk, but correct answers have been given before. The o/p should shop his rates and get quotes on the c7.

----------

^ Good for you, what state are you in, what zip code, how's your record, how's your insurance score, are you male or female, you're driving a pickup and suv /wagon not a c7 Corvette, a Civic or a Pento. Do you have medical insurance? Do you own a home, rent an apt, have a mobile home? All these and many more go into auto ins rates. Posting your dec sheet, honestly is pointless, not sure what you're trying to accomplish. All of these have been stated above, sorry if I sound like a jerk, but correct answers have been given before. The o/p should shop his rates and get quotes on the c7.

We're not even getting into what type of c7, is is a Base 'stingray', Grand Sport, Z06, what sub packages does it have, 1le, 2le, coupe, convertible, etc.

To put auto ins into perspective, I can save John & Suzie 40% with AAA from State Farm, but their daughter is with State Farm as well and Allstate is 40% higher and Progressive is 10% less than S.F. - just hypothetical, but it happens daily, my mom & dad have Nationwide through you and got a great deal, they want me to get Nationwide too, I quote, turns out 22 year old college kid with Nationwide is much higher than everyone and Nat General or Progressive is less. Parents wonder why daughters with someone else...explain to them why, hopefully they understand it. But this is the beauty of being an I.A, one size does not fit all with ins.

----------

We're not even getting into what type of c7, is is a Base 'stingray', Grand Sport, Z06, what sub packages does it have, 1le, 2le, coupe, convertible, etc.

To put auto ins into perspective, I can save John & Suzie 40% with AAA from State Farm, but their daughter is with State Farm as well and Allstate is 40% higher and Progressive is 10% less than S.F. - just hypothetical, but it happens daily, my mom & dad have Nationwide through you and got a great deal, they want me to get Nationwide too, I quote, turns out 22 year old college kid with Nationwide is much higher than everyone and Nat General or Progressive is less. Parents wonder why daughters with someone else...explain to them why, hopefully they understand it. But this is the beauty of being an I.A, one size does not fit all with ins.

----------------------------------
You don't sound like a jerk; you sound like an upset ***. I'm sorry if I'm stereotyping, but you sound like a typical independent agent.
Here are the answers to your questions:
Iowa, 50131
Driving record for me and spouse reports clean now but prior to 5-6 years ago she had 2 tickets, 2 accidents, and I had one ticket.
American National doesn't provide us with our insurance score but they did send some information to me that said my less than excellent credit score impacted my insurance score.
I have medical insurance.
I own a home (also insured with American National).

Your response to my post was, honestly, more pointless than me posting a copy of my declarations sheet. What are you going to do with all the information you asked for? Quote me? Can you beat my current rates Mr. Independent?

The questions were rhetorical based on the o/p's question. If you want a quote, I suggest looking up local agents in 50131.

You just posted your dec sheets with nothing listed. How is anyone going to know what you were trying to accomplish, which is why I responded.

The questions were rhetorical based on the o/p's question. If you want a quote, I suggest looking up local agents in 50131.

You just posted your dec sheets with nothing listed. How is anyone going to know what you were trying to accomplish, which is why I responded.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Help and answer the O/P's question and explain just a few of the many factors that go into an insurance quote.

You post a pic of what I can only assume is your dec sheet and absolutely nothing else.

Basically what you did, is the same as me doing this.

"O/P here, I have 10 repos of cars and 2 foreclosures, can I get a mortgage through Chase bank"

Me responding, like you did, here is a copy of my mortgage statement - without any words, without any reasoning behind it.

Now think of that, if you're a banker trying to help o/p and answer his question, what good did my mortgage statement do.

Here is another, on a chef forum.

"O/P here, my friend told me I can get a steak house quality meal by microwaving a t-bone steak, is this true?"

"here is a picture of a recipe of a vegan salad", heck I'll make it more relevant, here is a picture of a cooked t-bone steak - still what is the point of that image.

- I'm done commenting on this since you just seem spiteful or bored or something, it's been fun, actually have gotten a few chuckles, but I have other things to do.

Help and answer the O/P's question and explain just a few of the many factors that go into an insurance quote.

You post a pic of what I can only assume is your dec sheet and absolutely nothing else.

Basically what you did, is the same as me doing this.

"O/P here, I have 10 repos of cars and 2 foreclosures, can I get a mortgage through Chase bank"

Me responding, like you did, here is a copy of my mortgage statement - without any words, without any reasoning behind it.

Now think of that, if you're a banker trying to help o/p and answer his question, what good did my mortgage statement do.

Here is another, on a chef forum.

"O/P here, my friend told me I can get a steak house quality meal by microwaving a t-bone steak, is this true?"

"here is a picture of a recipe of a vegan salad", heck I'll make it more relevant, here is a picture of a cooked t-bone steak - still what is the point of that image.

- I'm done commenting on this since you just seem spiteful or bored or something, it's been fun, actually have gotten a few chuckles, but I have other things to do.

I think this has gone over your head. Have a good day. It sounds like you have a lot to do and a lot going on today.

Back