Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Auto Insurance Forum

Reply to Does this Seem High for Insurance ?     
Old 05-26-2017, 12:54 AM   #1

State: Deemurray is an Insurance Agent from
Does this Seem High for Insurance ? Does this Seem High for Insurance ?
Hello, browsing around on some forums about insurance costs on some expensive cars and what people pay mine seems really high for what I drive. I'm a 30 year old male , perfect driving record ,good credit , I have multi car discount with State Farm . My 2005 civic is 85 a month and my 2003 Nissan 350z is 100 a month. I was reading just out of curiosity what insurance costs on a c7 corvette . Granted these guys could be much older than me but many of them said their semi annual rates were 500 or less and that's basically what my 05 civic costs me . I've done a little shopping around and gotten even higher rates than what I pay now . Do my rates seem high ??
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Does this Seem High for Insurance ?
Old 05-26-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
Guru
VolAgent on Does this Seem High for Insurance ?

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Does this Seem High for Insurance ? Re: Does this Seem High for Insurance ?
Comparing what you pay to someone else is a bit of a fool's errand. For one, you aren't the other person, and two you are assuming the person is even giving you the correct information. Many people have a poor memory for the details of their insurance.

There are many factors that go into insurance rates. First and foremost, are they even in the same state? Factors that get looked at include, zip code, insurance score (mostly credit based), age, multi-policy discounts, annual mileage on the vehicle, other drivers in the household and numerous others.

You can pay the premium or you can own the loss.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:57 AM   #3
djs
Guru

State: djs is an Insurance Agent from California
djs is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Ironically, expensive cars can sometimes be pretty inexpensive to insure. They fall into special use cases and are not used as a daily commuter.

Its a meaningless comparison. If you think you may be paying to much, shop your insurance with your record and your cars. Don't compare against someone else, especially on an internet forum.

Dan
Old 07-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #4
Expert

State: kellyfrost is an Insurance Agent from

image upload html
Reply to Does this Seem High for Insurance ? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Auto Insurance Forum