Ethical Question About Call Center Work

Reading contracts is definitely what you want to do. I just started in insurance a year ago and found myself going back and looking into the details of our carriers constantly. You have quality coverage shoppers and lowest price shoppers, people who want every detail and people who just want to get it over with. I just try to present the benefits of each and let them customer make the decisions.

Very good point! I saw someone close a sale on a $2300 policy when Progressive was coming in at $900. Now that's impressive!

Very good point! I saw someone close a sale on a $2300 policy when Progressive was coming in at $900. Now that's impressive!

I had Progressive, then I had an accident. They weren't terrible, but the experience made me switch. I realized I was under-insured through the process as well so it actually cost me a TON of money just having a cheap policy. Now I've got good coverage and pay a fair, but much higher, price for it and I'm happy to.

My friend has really cheap coverage through Horace Mann and has had 2 claims in the past year (neither his fault) that were all-out nightmares to deal with. He keeps them because eventually they did get it sorted out and the premiums are low.

Different people have different priorities. Mine are my time and the quality of service I receive. Others may feel differently, which is why there are multiple companies that focus on different things in any market.

I had Progressive, then I had an accident. They weren't terrible, but the experience made me switch. I realized I was under-insured through the process as well so it actually cost me a TON of money just having a cheap policy. Now I've got good coverage and pay a fair, but much higher, price for it and I'm happy to.

My friend has really cheap coverage through Horace Mann and has had 2 claims in the past year (neither his fault) that were all-out nightmares to deal with. He keeps them because eventually they did get it sorted out and the premiums are low.

Different people have different priorities. Mine are my time and the quality of service I receive. Others may feel differently, which is why there are multiple companies that focus on different things in any market.

Very good points gentlemen. I have done some more investigating and I do believe the service provided by this company is at a much higher level than Progressive. So yes, we get what we pay for! It's like bad health insurance, you save money until you have to use it, then it costs you life!:GEEK:

Back