Evia the Virtual Auto Insurance Agent

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Startup auto insurance comparison site Insurify has introduced “Evia” (Expert Virtual Insurance Agent), an artificially intelligent virtual insurance agent that aims to find consumers optimized auto insurance coverage in about 3 minutes with the help of a texted photo of your license plate.

You can find out details in the article link below. Then I’d be curious to hear your thoughts on whether or not Evia and this Insurify business model could develop into the “game-changer” they hope it will be.

Insurance Forums | Insurify

Startup auto insurance comparison site Insurify has introduced “Evia” (Expert Virtual Insurance Agent), an artificially intelligent virtual insurance agent that aims to find consumers optimized auto insurance coverage in about 3 minutes with the help of a texted photo of your license plate. You can find out details in the article link below. Then I’d be curious to hear your thoughts on whether or not Evia and this Insurify business model could develop into the “game-changer” they hope it will be. Insurance Forums | Insurify

By taking a pic of the plate, the only pre-fill info available is the current liability limits. There is still so much info missing, I don't see the competence edge?

The website was garbage,

I went to it put a fake name and address but used my husbands age, car etc.
Every time I clicked on a choice like "currently insured" or "no tickets" this fictitious number of my savings as they call it kept climbing, but it never asked what I was paying or exactly what coverage I had just if I was making payments. At the end they claimed to save me $172 with a six month progressive policy with 1k deductibles and no roadside or rental car or loan/lease coverage, also no mention of home owners or any bundles. We would of paid more for less coverage, it only quoted for my area mecury, progressive, Safeco and metlife.

good points by agentinsouth and Heather.

but it doesn't seem like the goal here is to quote accurately... the goal seems to be luring in leads, and let one of the two agencies take it from there.

Heather, it's easy for an agent to spot flaws in a quoting system. but John Q. Customer who rarely shops online for auto insurance will not notice..... and if an agency is large enough to be in 50 states, they're also large enough to have way more than 4 carriers. which is why I think this is just a luring tool.

misleading? perhaps.... esp. with the fudged savings part of it.... but it will still bring in leads. and probably lots of them, with the media attention they have gained.

I think it's a very profitable idea for the two agencies involved. if all the incoming leads are only being split two ways, it doesn't take much of a conversion rate to be successful.

whether or not it grows big enough to make investors happy in getting a return on 2M of seed money..... ????? who knows.

but I think being labeled as a "game changer" is a big stretch.

good points by agentinsouth and Heather. but it doesn't seem like the goal here is to quote accurately... the goal seems to be luring in leads, and let one of the two agencies take it from there. Heather, it's easy for an agent to spot flaws in a quoting system. but John Q. Customer who rarely shops online for auto insurance will not notice..... and if an agency is large enough to be in 50 states, they're also large enough to have way more than 4 carriers. which is why I think this is just a luring tool. misleading? perhaps.... esp. with the fudged savings part of it.... but it will still bring in leads. and probably lots of them, with the media attention they have gained. I think it's a very profitable idea for the two agencies involved. if all the incoming leads are only being split two ways, it doesn't take much of a conversion rate to be successful. whether or not it grows big enough to make investors happy in getting a return on 2M of seed money..... ????? who knows. but I think being labeled as a "game changer" is a big stretch.

I got blasted on this site for saying Google was NOT a big deal and the sky is NOT falling.... Same thing here . Also, I don't see how the investors are going to get their money back.

Google dropped out of their CA auto insurance experiment so as far robots taking over selling, I dont see it. Humans will begin to mistrust robots the more people see them taking our jobs, double checking with a human advisor is only going to make sense imo.

I have spent the last 2 years trying to create a direct response system for health insurance. This system is designed to allow customers to answer the least amount of questions and still feel confident that they are getting the best quote possible. I have been successful in making the system work and we are trying to make a similar system for auto and home as well. Actual we are launching a system for Life and medicare within the next 2 weeks.

The problem with a virtual assistant is no matter how hard you try to make it simple, predicting sometimes "random" questions is an inherently complicated and sometimes impossible task. And even if you did find a way to figure out how to do it. Would the result be worth it. In my opinion a simple direct sales funnel tends to be just as effective.

Thanks for all the insight about this. I would agree, "game-changer" is a stretch, but it will be interesting to see if they are able to make more inroads than and stay in the game longer than Google Compare.

Would be interested to check back in a year to see how successful this ends up being for those two independent agencies, and curious about how many more they may align with.

The idea is to generate leads for car insurance. Life and health insurance is very simple because the rates are based on gender, age and coverage limit. With the auto so many factors are in place like credit score, address, type of vehicle etc. not mentioning the home insurance where almost every insurance company has own replacement cost estimator...

Back