Expectations of Allstate

Insurance2203

Had an interview with allstate. I've been in insurance for a couple years but know nothing about p&c. The guy said it's a salary job, no benefits. what should i expect if i decide to pursue?

It all depends on what the job you interviewed was for? Was it as an Exclusive Agent or as support sales person?

Not to be snide, but this is not a "job"...it's a career if you interviewed as an EA. I think you would have known if it was for that position because I don't think that your question would have been so short. There would have been dozens of questions you would have had to ask the forum.

I think you interviewed as a sales support person, which can be an excellent position, by the way, and after a couple years of P & C experience, Allstate would allow you to purchase a book of business, maybe even your employer's if he/she decides to sell. They usually will not offer a position as an EA without some prior insurance experience. EA's are required to have the P&C and L&H licenses before they could sit in the chair and must sign an agreement that they will have their Series 6 & 63 within 18 months of appointment or they are gone....no ifs, ands or buts!

You would be employed by the agent and not by Allstate, probably why there are no benefits. Good place to start if the right person trains you.

Get back and reply with the exact position and I can give you more. I'm familiar with Allstate, State Farm and Nationwide's agency program as well.

Good luck.

My wife used to be an agent for allstate a few years back. She said the Allstate we too expensive and prices were not competitive. So she went out on her own and became an independent agent instead.

I do not know what it is like to be a agent for them. I work in auto claims. I know when working with them about liability they were are easy to work with. I also know from working with body shops that they usually do not have any problems with Allstate.

Back